Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Encouragement

I came across this set that I hadn't used yet and it had some nice sentiments that I thought would work at this time.  I went with watercoloring the first one and then on the second one moving the arrangement around a little and coloring with my alcohol markers.

 I used 140 lb. cold press paper w/Daniel Smith watercolors in the first card. I embossed the stamp first with Antique gold embossing powder. I scribbled some Spectrum Aqua marker onto my palette, and using my water brush I painted the color onto my background.


My Sentiments Exactly - Floral Encouragement Cards stamp set w/Daniel Smith watercolor
Altenew - Antique gold embossing powder
Spectrum Aqua pen for background
Spellbinders - Lattice Rectangle die
Craftaroo - clear gems



The bud in this set is a separate stamp so I changed it around but I do like it with the sentiment, I used the same marker that I used on the rose to color over the word Brighten.


My Sentiments Exactly - Floral Encouragement Cards stamp set, colored w/markers
Spellbinders - Decorative Labels 28
Sassafras - Mix and Mend paper
Wink of stella on Rose
Crafter's companion - Pretty borders stamp



I took the last few days to just have a break from my usual day to day work except for dishes, so now I need to get back in the swing of things, sometimes it is good to just take a break from everything.

Hope your week is off to a good start,
Hugs,
Connie

12 comments:

Diane said...

Wow Connie love all of the designs and colors.

Hugs Diane

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful roses, love the gold embossing and the pretty yellow!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow. Your rose8s are so beautiful. The gold is a beautiful touch

Louca por porcelana said...

How adorable and pretty!Hugs!

Donna Ellis said...

Such loving, elegant, beautiful creations, Connie. Thanks for sharing. xx

Anonymous said...

Connie, your cards are gorgeous! I love the gold touches. They look quite vintage!

Jo Rashi said...

Beautiful roses... such amazing creations dear... thanks for sharing :-)
http://www.beautyandfashionfreaks.com

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful. Love this design and the gorgeous images and backgrounds..x

Debbie said...

i agree...but most days are a break for me. come the first of the month, i am a lot busier with work stuff!!!

these cards are really gorgeous and they are perfect for right now. they will bring much needed comfort for those who need it!!

Ivanka said...

Hello Connie...I'm doing a little blog surfing...I haven't done that in such a long time. My poor blog has been neglected for quite some time. LOL.
It's so nice to see your blog is still very active. I love your cards, the flowers are so pretty and the sentiments are just perfect for right now! Hugs, Ivanka

Leslie Miller said...

Both your cards are really beautiful, Connie. Gold does add a touch of elegance, and I always love me a yellow rose!

Janice said...

Such thoughtful cards, you are so kind to think of others. I’m sure they were gratefully received. Both gorgeous frames dies too, lovely detail.