Sunday, July 5, 2020

Best day

Every year I try a special design for my sister and this year I decided to do a swivel card.  When you open the card it twist open to reveal this pop up piece.  I have done one of these before for my hubby but I had to do all the measurements and so when I saw that Spellbinders had this die and it was on sale at the time I thought oh wow that would be so much easier.  Welllll I imagine if I did enough of them, which I probably won't since it is so thick I had to take it to the post office to mail, I would get the hang of how to put it together, thankfully I was able to find a video of it being put together or I would have been totally loss.  Let's just say this girl is no engineer.  But it was nice not having to do all the measurements for it.

I started off the front with one of my Acetate art sheets I had bought at a stamp convention a few years back, I just loved how they put glitter behind them and you know I just had to do that myself, I applied the glitter to the back side and then ran the whole piece through my Xyron machine so the glue wouldn't show behind it.  I just felt it needed a little more so I added a die cut fence and a butterfly punch to it. I believe I added the sentiment stamp before the acetate.


 Here you can see the added glitter a little better.


The card open, this set had pretty dies with it to decorate the outside and inside. The end scroll work dies came with this set.



The flowers came from Memory box and I colored them by sponging with distress and oxide inks.  A little inking around the panels before gluing them down to the base.  As you can see there is plenty of room to still write in a sentiment.


Spellbinders - Elegant Swivel & Sashay card dies
Stamp on it - Vintage Hues Acetate w/ Art glitter crystals
Simon Says - Tiny words birthday stamp
Memory Box - Bella Boutique dies, colored w/ distress ink & Oxides, wrought iron fence die
Martha Stewart - Butterfly punch
Mark Richards - Gems

Both neighbors across the street shot off the big fireworks so we just stayed home and watched them, there were a few mishaps but no one was injured that we could tell.  Today has been quiet, just what I need :)

Have a great week ahead,
Connie

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, so gorgeous! Cool fold, even though it was time consuming and fat. I have to take all my mail to the PO or UPS store, not because it's too thick, but because I don't trust it to not get stolen from our mailbox. A locking mailbox protects incoming, but not outgoing. I know your sister loved this card, Connie. It's totally amazing!

aussie aNNie said...

Gosh I have not made one of these for about a year, thanks for inspiration and wonderful gift for your sister, I am sure she will love it.xx

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! What a gorgeous interactive card, Connie! I love the purples and yellows together, so fresh and beautiful!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous! The front is so lovely and beautiful! Loving the fun fold and how the panels flip out. I too have a die like this, they are soooo fun!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Very pretty! The colors are so soothing!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Deb

Debbie said...

oh connie, this card is awesome. it is so special and you sister is going to love it!! the front is beautiful and the twist part is so usual, what a great technique!!!

Louca por porcelana said...

What wonderful card!Love it!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely design... so thoughtful of you to do a special design for your sister every year... the folds and the moving parts are so clever... such pretty paper!

Janice said...

That was a very lucky buy for you, your card is stunning! I’ve not seen this design before, I’m sure your sister was pleased to receive it.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card, your sister will like it.

All the best Jan