Thursday, July 2, 2020

in the woods

A few days before I went to make my brothers birthday card I turned over this image from my daily coloring calendar and thought this looks like it could be a picture looking out his back yard. Whenever we go to visit we look to see what wildlife is out there, he has all kinds of stuff that wander around.

I used colored pencils on this one, and made it into a square card this time.  I went a little heavy when pressing down the sentiment so it is a bit squashed, but that is the thing with these images you only get one chance to do it right.


Johanna Basford 2020 coloring calendar image, colored w/pencils
Fiskars - Essential sayings sentiment stamp


Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know you have,

Connie

10 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful woodland scene! One of my brother's lives in the country too, and I always enjoy visiting at his log home!
(BTW - I've done the same thing when stamping a sentiment -- sometimes I'll re-stamp it on a piece of card stock and cut it out with a fancy frame to layer over the messed up one!)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful scene for your brother. Nicely coloured. Wondeting about your water situation.

Anonymous said...

Connie, very serene! I miss the woods but life here is good too. I love the leaves on your tree. They almost look like little birds.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and lovely image, fantastic colouring as well...Have a lovely weekend my friend.. ♥

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I love how that this looks like your brother's backyard. Great card for him, great coloring!

Darlene said...

Beautiful scene and you've colored it beautifully! Your brother will love it! Even though we live in the 'suburbs' we have deer show up in our backyard frequently as well as other critters and I love it! Growing up on a farm, I'm always happy to see Mother Nature & all her critters show up from time to time (except the skunks ... I could do without them! LOL) But they show up now & then too! LOL

Debbie said...

what a great job you did, your bother is going to love it!!

Donna Ellis said...

What a sweet scene, Connie. I can imagine how fun this was to color! It looks especially pretty done in 2 colors. hugs, de

Leslie Miller said...

This looks fantastic, Connie! That is true that it's a one time chance, but you did a great job and rather than look squashed, I think the sentiment looks like a bold font. The deer is probably happy that the hunter is a bad shot with those arrows. It sounds like your brother has a nice place!

Janice said...

A perfect picture for your brother by the sounds of it, how lovely! Love your colouring on this one.