Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Summer Birthday

One of the girls in my card making group that I have known since starting card making asked if we could make a card for her Grandpa turning 97, since he can't have a party she wants him to be flooded with cards.  I went to my coloring calendar images and found this truck hauling watermelon and I thought now that would make a good summer time birthday card :)

I first colored it with markers, adding a little brown to look like those trucks with the wood details and then took my Rusty Hinge ink to add a few rust spots to the truck, it has to be an old farm truck taking the watermelon to the farmers market.

The road and sky were done with distress inks, using my homemade sky stencil and adding some white lines in the road with my gel pen.


Color for Calm 2017 coloring calendar image, colored w/markers and Distress ink, rusty hinge
Distress inks - Tumbled glass and Black Soot for background
Nuvo Crystal Glaze on window
White and Silver gel pens
Fiskars - Essential Sayings stamp sentiment

I think you can tell a little better here that I used Nuvo crystal glaze on the windows and some silver gel pen and silver marker on rims and truck details.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and saying Hi, can you believe we are half way through another week.

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a great masculine birthday card! I love the details you added to the truck with your rust spots and crystal glaze!

Kim said...

How sad that this dear 97 year old man cannot celebrate his birthday in the grand style that he deserves. I love the thought of him being inundated with many fabulous birthday cards. Love the card you dreamed up, Connie. There is nothing quite as summery as an old truck filled with watermelon. The gentleman is going to love this card.

Diane said...

Awesome masculine card design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Lowcarb team member said...

Your friends Grandpa is going to love this card, it's a very nice design.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

This looks fantastic, Connie, and I know you're going to make him smile! I hope he gets lots and lots of cards!

aussie aNNie said...

DooZER Of a card Connie, love the truck full of watermellons, your grandpa will surely adore this. xx

Birgit said...

This card is awesome Connie! He'll love it!

Janice said...

A great masculine card, your friend’s Grandpa is going to love it I’m sure.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Very nice!! Love the truck!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a perfect card for a gentleman. Great truck image. Love the extra little touches like the glaze, the silver rim and the rust...

Donna Phelan said...

Love that truck full of watermelons....literally, how sweet!

Debbie said...

WoW!!!! 97, he is quite deserving of this amazing card!! and what a great idea to flood him with cards!!

what a great group you are involved with!!

Darlene said...

WOW this is fabulous! GREAT coloring on the truck and that sky is AMAZING! You go girl! Even the center line on the road ... wouldn't have thought of that ... but I'll remember the next time! LOL Thanks for amazing inspiration!