Thursday, April 22, 2021

To have and to hold

 A young lady in our church is getting married soon and the church had a wedding shower for her this past Saturday, I did not attend it but did give her this card along with some money for their honeymoon on Sunday after the service.  It was so good to be back in church after 5 weeks, I am so thankful that I can watch the services on line but there is nothing like being in a room with your fellow believers praising God together.


I was totally stuck on what to do for their card when I remembered this birds stamp I had, I have used it before for my Daughters anniversary card.  I picked out the paper I wanted to use so I just took from those colors for the stamping.  The die cuts I used for framing the image and sentiment are from the same set.  There was a bit more white space then I would like so I added a few leaf die cuts to finish off the card.

  • American Crafts - Seeds stamp
  • Gemini - Torn edge circle die
  • Spellbinders - Splendid Circle dies
  • Basic Grey - Periphery paper
  • Fiskars - Just Married Quotes sentiment stamp
  • Tim Holtz - Funky Foliage dies


It felt so good to get to my die cutting machine again.

We ended up with half an inch of snow, a few times it was coming down in thick, big flakes, it was pretty, but the snow has melted and the weatherman has assured us that should be the last of the snow we see this season.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very beautiful card. Everything works so well together ❤. Love the 3D leaves

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful wedding card! I love the colors and those little leaves you added to the side to fill up the white space! So pretty!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Connie, such a beautiful card! I paint a little, but I'm not very crafty. The one thing that tempts me, though, is making cards, but I'm afraid mine would be a little clunky.

Darlene said...

Oh my friend this is beautiful and I'm sure the bride to be LOVED it!! Yes the snow yesterday was beautiful at times .. looked like a snowglobe in the afternoon and after 5 1/2" of the white stuff ... I was glad it only lasted ONE day and today my surroundings are green again! Very cold but that's to be expected this time of year in NE Ohio. I think I read it's been something like 50-60 years since we've had much of an accumulation this late into April. Have a great day and so glad you were able to hobble back to church for worship. HUGS

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card ...

Sorry to read you had snow, today we were fortunate to enjoy some wonderful sunshine and a lovely blue sky.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and sentiment, perfect for your friend. xx

Donna Phelan said...

Such a happy occasion! Love those sweet little love birds!

Diane said...

Awesome design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Pam Sparks said...

It's always encouraging to hear of a couple getting married! Glad you get to share in their joy!

Kim said...

There is so much beautiful detail in this card, Connie. A gorgeous wedding card!

Debbie said...

such a special time and a beautiful wedding card!! this card balances out so well and the colors are perfect together. a one of a kind for sure, as their special day will be!!

good news that you are back in church!!

Janice said...

I love the pretty circle dies, a perfect card for the bride to be.