Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Poinsettia's

 These cards are for last month, I only managed to get two of 6 that I wanted done so time to make up this month.  My stamp group challenge was to use die cuts and my cardmaking group was to use the colors red and gold so I combined the two challenges with these flowers.

With this first one the background was so busy that I skipped putting a sentiment on it.



In this second one I held the epoxy sentiment sticker up to the card while it was still on the transfer sheet and it looked great, so I took it off and applied it to the card and the sentiment just disappeared into the text paper :(  If you hold it just right you can see it, so I left it that way. I also did a little inking of the leaves.



  • Spellbinders - Christmas Bird Poinsettia die set
  • Wintertime Crafts - Collection of old papers
  • Sentiment Dimensional ad ons sticker on second card
I would like to share my card today with the Peace on Earth Challenge 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Very pretty! I like the red.

Lowcarb team member said...

These both look lovely.
I do like Poinsettias.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Really gorgeous Christmas cards. Great die cut and wonderful vintage feel with the paper too.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love the idea of the poinsettias on print like this. Imagine on a background of old Christmas music sheets? ;) Love it!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Connie..I love the vintage style papers and the burst of red from the poinsettias. Gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debbie said...

i like both of them and do not feel like the paper on the first one is too busy. i really like the printed paper/pages from a book. i got rid of so many books and i have seen so many ideas lately on how i could use the pages!!

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty Poinsettias! Loving both backgrounds, I have a bag from a country store saved just like that 1st background--someday I will use it lol I can read the sentiment, Happy Holidays!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both beautiful, Connie xoxo

Diane said...

Both Poinsettia's are beautifully created and great backgrounds for both too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth!
Diane POE Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Leslie Miller said...

They're beautiful, Connie! I love how you took advantage of the challenges to make Christmas cards. Perfection!

Louca por porcelana said...

Awww... Awesome!