Friday, June 28, 2024

You are so special

 It is hard to write this one, I try to make all my cards ahead of time, like a month ahead of time if I can, because I never know if things are going to get busy and I won't make it into my craft room, or other things come up that I want to make a card for get well, thinking of you ect.  Well I had just finished making this card for my brother when I got the news that he was going into Hospice care.  I thought about sending it very early but then I told myself hang on wait you never know what God's plans are.  Then as time got closer to his passing my mind was on that and not on his card.

After I got home from his funeral and was getting around cards to send out, I realized that I still had his birthday card. I finally decided that I could not send this to anyone else and as I hadn't written inside it yet I decided to send it to my Sister in law and wrote a note inside to her.


  • Hot off the press - Instant Card Art (pretty colors)
  • Ms. Sparkle & co. - Wood paper pad
  • Starform - Silver text stickers sentiment
  • Brads - Copper and silver screw 
Do I wish now that I would have sent the card early, yes I do, but I know he knows how much I loved him, and that is the main thing.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool!

Connie

13 comments:

Sandi said...

I am so very sorry to hear of your brother's passing, Connie. My condolences.

I think it is wonderful that you sent the card to your sister-in-law.

God bless you and keep you.

April Williams said...

I know this was hard on you to find the card. What a great idea to send to your SIL. I know she appreciates it. It is such a nice card.

Donna Phelan said...

I'm sure it was difficult to see this card as you came across it again, but I think sending it to your sister in law would comfort you both at this difficult time. I think you make it no secret how you feel about your family....he knew! (((hugs))) It is quite a lovely card too! xo~

Chrissy said...

So hard and sad to deal with Connie but it is a fabulous card, love the design and colours and I'm sure you will find the right person who will love and care for it for their birthday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Oh, just re read and you sent it to your sister in law, that was the perfect choice..

luv CHRISSYxx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Biggest prayers and hugs for peace and comfort dear Connie. πŸ™πŸ» It's a beautiful heartfelt card. πŸ’—

Lisa said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. Your card carries such deep emotion and meaning. The thoughtfulness and love you put into it are truly touching, and it's wonderful that you were able to repurpose it to bring comfort to your sister-in-law.

Debbie said...

oooooh connie, it is beautiful, either of these things would have been the right thing to do. i am sure your sil appreciated receiving this and reading your kind words!!

Hena Tayeb said...

So sorry for your loss.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Praying πŸ™ Connie and wise post sharing re your precious your brother and he knew it. Praying for you and sister in law too.
Prayer hugs. Shaz.x xxx

Birgit said...

I'm sure this was a difficult post to write. I think sending this card to your sister-in-law was so touching and thoughtful of you. I'm sure she appreciates knowing how much you love her and are thinking of her.

Carol L said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother, but it's a good feeling to know that HE knew you loved him before he passed. I think sending this card to his widow is a great idea because now the card can be treasured by his family forever. wishing you brighter days ahead as you face life without your brother.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sure this was a difficult post to write. I can understand your indecision in whether to send it or not, but he for sure knew how much you loved him and how special he was to you. It's sweet of you to send it to to your sister-in-law and I know she'll appreciate it. The sentiment is lovely.