Saturday, July 25, 2026

Red, white and blue Christmas

 In honor of our 250th Celebration this year, our group Christmas Challenge for July was to use red, white and blue on our cards.  I haven't done a stitching die in awhile so I thought I would do one of those.  I had picked up some already made seals at Hobby Lobby that I thought would go with my seal faux string die for Christmas, there were a lot of seals in the package so I have a feeling you are going to see a lot of those. I also used a lot of different snowman I had that were given to me from family and friends that I used.


  • Spellbinders 2024 Stitched Advent calendar dies (warm wishes)
  • Sizzix - Woven embossing folder
  • Tim Holtz - Funky festive dies

  • Creative Life - Christmas seals (Hobby Lobby)
  • LDR Creative - Sealed with good wishes (Stem and Faux string dies)
  • Martha Stewart - Snowflake embossing folder
  • Tim Holtz - Festive Bouquet dies (Poinsettia and Greenery)

On this one I used a Library card Esther gifted me many years ago that had blue cup and sentiment on it, I added the snowman and snowflake stickers to it which were given to me by my sister in law.

  • EK Success - Sticko Snowmen Stickers
  • Library Card from friend
  • Lilybee designs - Jingle Papers inked
This next card snowman was given to me by my sister, I believe this was from a Christmas card I believe her Mother in law had given to her, it was so long ago I have forgotten. He worked perfect for red white and blue, I just cut a background piece of paper and added a sentiment.


  • Spellbinders - A2 Distressed Edges die, inked
  • Daisy D's - Paper
  • Hobby Lobby sentiment tag
  • Image from a Christmas card

The only thing I like about this card is how I colored the snowman die cut and even that I was trying to make him look antique and it is too yellow. I used an smooshed background I had made, thinking it looked a little antique I found the sentiment charm to go with it, I think where I failed is the cardstock I used to put behind the snowman, I added dots of white gel pen thinking that might help but not really. The snowman die cut was given to me by a fellow cardmaker that isn't in our group anymore.

  • Taloyer Snoman die cut, colored w/markers
  • Holiday Charms - sentiment
  • Spellbinders - Labels 11 die
  • Background smooshed ink
  • Recollections - Brad 
  • Stickles - Crystal for snow and Diamond on his hat
So that is it my cards for July.

I would like to share with Peace on Earth Challenge anything goes

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

No comments: