Friday, September 28, 2018

Butterfly

Debbie's beautiful butterflies pictures is what inspired this card, she is a wonderful photographer but I will have to say her birds and butterflies just get me every time, she is such a natural at capturing them!

I made a frame from cutting the oval and floral dies at the same time.  I colored the butterfly with Distress inks and oxide ink and marker for the body.


DCWV - Old World paper
Pizzazz Aplenty - Butterfly die, sponged with Distress ink and Oxides, body colored w/marker
Spellbinders - Floral Oval and classic oval dies to make frame, Labels 4 die for sentiment
Fiskars - Essential Sayings stamp
Prima flowers
Nuvo glitter drops - White blizzard for flower centers

I hope you are enjoying a nice fall season so far, it has been so nice to have our doors and windows open and enjoying the birds singing and fresh air.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

Debbie said...

oooh connie, i wish everyone could see this card in person, it is absolutely gorgeous. the colors go perfectly together and the card has lovely dimensions!! the frame around the butterfly is so pretty, so lacy!! everything about this card is beautiful, thank you so much for thinking of me!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Connie, what an absolutely gorgeous card! Yes, I'm sure it is far more beautiful in real life, but it sure is gorgeous on screen! I love the colors and wonderful frame you've added along with the flowers! The butterfly sure steals the show! Stunning card, sweet friend! I love it! Hugs and love! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, Connie, this is soooo beautiful -- the paper, the frame, the colors, and that fantastic butterfly! I took a peek at Debbie's blog. What a treat!

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, your frame is one of my all time SB faves! So delicate and beautiful, just like your butterfly and petite flowers! Beautifully done. hugs, de

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my so beautifully done!! This is gorgeous. I love the whole focal point coming up'off' the page like that! (dimensionally :) It's stunning. Wonderful color-work and the pretty butterfly~ Hugs to you friend, karen o

Pam Sparks said...

So pretty Connie! Love it!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colour combo, love this card and your butterfly, going over to follow and see Debbie's work.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a beautiful card. I love the green frame and how you added the flowers to it. The butterfly is delicate. Your colours are beautiful.

Donna Phelan said...

This is beautiful! The colors are lovely! I adore that butterfly die and that pretty, pretty frame! Glorious!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, great job.

Janice said...

Your frame and flowers are just perfect for this gorgeous butterfly. A great colour combo too.

Gina said...

What a gorgeous frame, Connie! I love how you added different tones of yellow to your butterfly!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Connie -- this card is sooooo beautiful! I love the elegant frame and that color combo!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a gorgeous card Connie. Love the textured background, the layers... the butterfly is so pretty as the focal point. Also love that oval frame. I have that die set and I love using it (from time to time).