Sunday, September 30, 2018

Got Game

Another masculine card today, my great nephew is now going to college to be a computer programmer, and so when I saw this die on sale at Hobby Lobby I had to pick it up and thought it would work for others that love computers and playing games.

The background I had in my stash already, one I had done but thought was too dark ended up working great with this card, I put a die cut background over it and it worked perfectly.


The buttons on the controller were embossed, so I added some white gel pen to it so they would stand out a bit, the sentiment comes with the die set. I tried to make a desk for the computer to set on so it wasn't floating in space, not sure if it looks like one or not, LOL!

Spellbinders - You've got game, Symmetry in space and A2 matting basics A dies
Fiskars corner punch for the "desk"
Background made from Colorburst

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Connie

13 comments:

Janice said...

A perfect computer themed card for your great nephew!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh FUN! Love that background die too!

Donna Ellis said...

Talk about all the "stash" falling into place... your imagination brought into being a fabulous design - definitely PERFECT! I love it, and the sentiment is fantastic, too! The colors in your background are gorgeous, Connie! xx

Gina said...

That is such a neat card, Connie! I have to restrain myself looking at dies and such at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous boy car and the colours look brilliant.

Lady Jane said...

You do such a great job on masculine cards. I have tons of ideas for the feminine side of things but always have to really think about the cards for the guys. hugs, lj

Connie said...

Cute card!

Debbie said...

the is a great card connie, perfect for the "male gamer" in your life. as always, you did an awesome job!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a perfect find for your great nephew. I really like the blue and brown in your background. I also like how you used a white gel pen on the gaming control. Job well done!

Leslie Miller said...

You're so good with these masculine cards. I say that all the time, but I can never get over how true it is. Lots of practice! Perfect die set for your soon-to-be computer programmer great-nephew!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very cool card, the gel pen did the trick to bring out the detail in the die!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cool card Connie. Love the background with the colors and the white die-cut overlay... perfect backdrop to the gaming images.

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh WOW Connie, this is just a perfect themed card for your great nephew, who will be studying computer programming :)

All the best Jan