Wednesday, May 1, 2019

April Challenge

Yes I do realize it is May now but I just happened to finish my Christmas cards for April last night and decided to wait until this morning when I wasn't so tired to write up the post :)

My stamping group challenge was for something that started with the letter D or she had a link to a technique called Dazzling Diamond Dust you can find it HERE.  I decided to go with that, it just so happened that in one of the bags of goodies I got from the yard sale had the embossing powder in it and I also bought this stamp from the sale.



One I stamped with black ink and the other with brown ink.  My hubby liked the brown ink and I liked the black. Hoping you can see the sparkle it gives to the whole background in the picture below.


It makes for a pretty sparkle to it, but talk about little fine glitter everywhere.  Thank goodness for those swiffer sheets to pick up all that glitter.


Stampendous - Christmas cottage stamp colored w/markers
Stampin up - Iridescent ice embossing folder over whole piece
Spellbinders - Ribbon banners
Simon says stamps - Tiny words Christmas sentiment stamp

Hope your week is going well so far, thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Both cards are beautiful - I don't think I could pick a favorite. I love the sparkle!

Darlene said...

These are BEAUTIFUL and yes I see that pretty sparkle! I'm not sure which I like 'better' but I think I'm with hubby on this one ... I like the brown (to be honest I like them both lol). I hear ya on the 'glitter everywhere' issue ... hence the reason I don't use much of it! I have TONS of it inn every color but drives me crazy to hear my other half say ... do you know you have glitter on your face LOL

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! FANTASTIC garage sale find, and even more fantastic are the creations you made! I can nearly smell the crisp, clean snow, and hear the tranquility of being the first person up to see the magic of carpeted snowiness. Glitter DOES make its way all over, but then, that's what makes it so special LOL - your techniques are beautiful! hugs, de

Donna Phelan said...

They're both beautiful! I do like the look of the brown too! :) I can see that sparkle and shine, gorgeous! Merry Merry!

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful cards!Hugs!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, Connie! I wish my yard sales had craft goods!

Leslie Miller said...

I like both of them, Connie! I would usually prefer the black, but in this case your brown is very crisp while at the same time it's ever so slightly more gentle. What a beautiful stamp! Nice grab bag. I've done this technique and must try it again. It always looks amazing. Your two cards are real show stoppers!

Janice said...

Beautiful wintry scenes, another lucky find!

Birgit said...

They're both beautiful Connie but if I had to choose, I'd choose the brown one. The sparkling diamond dust is stunning on these either way!! What lovely cards!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are gorgeous! I like both colors. I like that they are the same but different.

Debbie said...

AWESOME!!! i love glitter, just not on my cards!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lots of detailed work went into this for sure. It's a lovely stamp. I think I like the brown, but both are gorgeous. The sparkle is lovely too.

Lowcarb team member said...

These are lovely.

All the best Jan