Thursday, December 10, 2020

Birthday Hugs

 I am so glad that I have done most of my Christmas cards over the year because I have many birthdays in December, and I have a few that are at the first part of January so December is pretty busy just getting those made.  So some cards have to be faster to make than others and todays card took a little more time, coloring and a bit of die cutting.


I tried to look up the name of this stamp, the Northwoods stamps that come on the wood blocks just have the year stamped on them with no name of the stamp, I colored with markers and then added some white gel pen dots to the center for the stamens after coloring they didn't show up very well. I also colored the centers of the die cut flowers and leaves. I know this looks springy but I am sure my friend doesn't mind :)


Northwoods rubber stamps - 2010 colored w/markers and white gel pen
Carta Bella - Metropolitan girl paper
Memory Box - Stitched Layers die
Spellbinders - A2 matting basics A, Blossom, Foliage Flourish and Cherry Blossom dies
Papercraft & inspiration magazine - Greetings tag stamp and die set
Brad



We have one more beautiful day before it turns winter temps again, high in the mid 60's, loving this, need to get out for another walk today :)  Hope you are enjoying some nice weather.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

13 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So very lovely! I love your stamp and how it's popped up with the die underneath.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so beautiful! I love the image and how you carried on the blossom theme to the die cuts below. Very nice card!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful stamp and you've colored it so pretty! Love the vine at the bottom as well!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty and so very nicely colored!
I have your card ready to mail. I hope to get to the post office Friday, and then I will be almost done with my cards.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this stunning card and the colours are gorgeous, as is the whole design. Have a lovely weekend. ♥

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Connie! I enjoy watching the Chickadee's at our feeders each day and your beautiful coloring has brought these birds to life. Your card already has me wishing for spring.

Debbie said...

i'm glad you are almost done with your christmas cards, i know you worked hard on them!! this card is lovely, the chickadee's are one of the most popular birds at my feeders!!!

i hope you get out for a walk, our weather is suppose to be the same!!

Donna Phelan said...

This is so beautiful! I do love to see more and more birds and flowers on cards as we head into the middle of December...it's a great break and always is inspiring! Beautiful!

Diane said...

What a beautiful card design Connie.

Hugs Diane

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I gasped when this came up on my screen! Birds and flowers... so beautiful! I hear you about needing simpler cards sometimes. They can be just as beautiful in their own way. Christmas hugs, Connie! ps: I received your beautiful Christmas birds card. Thank you!

Louca por porcelana said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Connie, so pretty. It has a stained glass look to me.