Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Joy

 Our card making group had a challenge to make a Joy card.  I had just received my order that I had made on the Black Friday sales that Sizzix was having so I decided to cut some of the pieces out for this challenge. I started with the poinsettia, the base of the flower I cut from some Alcohol ink background I had made earlier, the outline of the flower was from cardstock as well as the other pieces. The joy sentiment was cut from the same background piece as the poinsettia.



Sizzix, Tim Holtz - Large Funky Festive dies
Taylored Expressions - Joy die
Spellbinders - Labels 29 die



We went to a new park over in Missouri yesterday, so I am a bit behind on things around here so I am off to get some work done and hopefully fit in some blogs in between :)

Have a great week and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!!

Connie

11 comments:

handmade by amalia said...

Your card fills me with joy, dear Connie, so - result!
Amalia
xo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This funky poinsettia rocks my world! Love the background on the flower. Terrific colours.

Anonymous said...

Connie, such cheerful colors that will surely bring the recipient joy! Very nice.

Darlene said...

This is beautiful Connie! Love your choice of colors! Good for you & Greg for getting out and about! Other than the grocery store early morning trips, I don't think my husband has been out of this house in 6 months. I on the other hand still do my monthly hair & pedi appts at my sister's beauty shop. LOL Take care and stay healthy!

Debbie said...

this card is pretty, i love the colors!! BUT my card is a "joy" card too and i love it more!! my card is still my favorite so far!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Soooo cute!

JD/ Jill said...

I like your card with your pretty "cheerful" flower! I like that color! Happy that you were able to get out of the house! It's been about a week for me...and that was a quick short trip to the post office...with a snow storm coming our way...I may wish that I had gotten out more before the snow But I will probably be outside with a snow shovel!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, love the purple poinsettia and gorgeous array of ferns. xx

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty background, gorgeous colors! Loving that Poinsettia and your fabulous foliage! Merry Merry!

Esther Asbury said...

This is so beautiful! I love the purple poinsettia -- it's so bright and cheery!

Leslie Miller said...

I love how whimsical this poinsettia die is and your colors are perfect with it!