Thursday, July 16, 2026

90th Birthday

 My girlfriend's mom turned 90 and although she comes to our church whenever she is in town, I didn't know her very well, so I asked my friend what does she like, does she have a favorite color?  She said she likes music and dancing and favorite color is Black.  I was a bit surprised and then thought what I am I going to do with that information.  I went searching through my things and I found some paper that I have had for over 10 years I thought just might work :)


I managed to cut the paper so that the let's dance and the couple along with the piano keys were all on the top, added more music paper to the bottom. Under the Number tag was something I wanted to cover up so that was the perfect place to put the numbers. The faux stamp of the lady dancer was in the paper pack too so I fussy cut that out. Then finished it off with the sentiment die cut that I cut twice and layered and some trim and pearls to break up the top and bottom pieces.  

  • Graphic 45 - Curtain Call paper
  • Fiskars - stamp scissor
  • Taylored Expression - Whimsy#s die
  • Spellbinders - Lacy square and Sentiments One dies
  • Recollections - Pearl border
  • Lace pom pom trim

I would like to share my card with the following challenges:

Seize the birthday One or more numbers


thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

21 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Connie, this card is absolutely fabulous — you turned “favorite color: black” and “loves music and dancing” into something so elegant and full of personality. The way you arranged the Curtain Call paper to capture the dancers, piano keys, and that wonderful vintage vibe is just perfect. The layered sentiment, pearls, and that fussy‑cut dancer pull everything together beautifully. What a special, thoughtful card for such an amazing milestone birthday.

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful card for a milestone birthday.

Tampereen Mummu said...

What a stylish card and the recipient of the card will surely be delighted when there are colors and patterns she likes.

Birgit said...

You did a great job pulling things together to make this card for a special birthday. I have no doubt she'll be tickled with it.

Wanda said...

What a fun card and that you were able to cover the main loves of the 90 year old, music, dancing and black. Great job pulling it all in together. I'm sure she's going to love it!

Chrissy said...

Worked perfectly Connie, love the dancing couple and other details, fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

aussie aNNie said...

I love your design, those images are really beautiful . x

Lisa said...

Such a clever and thoughtful way to build a milestone card around “favorite color: black” and a love of music and dancing. The way you arranged the Curtain Call paper to capture the dancers, piano keys, and that vintage stage feel gives the whole design a lively elegance, and the layered sentiment, pearls, and fussy‑cut dancer add wonderful finishing touches that make the card feel celebratory and personal for a 90th birthday.

Donna Phelan said...

Fun, fun card! What an unusual favorite color, but at 90 she can love whatever she wants to lol What a milestone and a pretty creation to celebrate it with!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie . . . she's going to LOVE this card! Those dancers are awesome ... what a fabulous design! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Neglected Stuff challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Neglected Stuff Co-Owner
NEGLECTED STUFF CHALLENGE

Nancy said...

I enjoyed looking at all your details on this card. You did such a good job combining the favorite things of the recipient. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is a fantastic card!

Peabea Scribbles said...

Wow for your friend's mom to be 90. That is so great! And I think you chose the perfect card. Happy Birthday to your friend's mom and many, many more.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, Connie, you really pulled it off! This is absolutely perfect! Your friend's mom will be delighted!

Kim said...

I must admit I've never considered the colour black to be in the favourite category. But then, each to their own. =) The ninety year old is going to love her beautiful card, Connie. I think you've included all the things she loves perfectly. It's a fabulous card.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Connie, you nailed it! xoxo

Me, My Stamps and I said...

such great and beautiful card who is celebrating their 90th birthday!!!!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

I don't think I know anyone who's favorite color is black ... You created an awesome personalized card for your friend's mom. She will love it, I'm sure!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great card Connie.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Great card!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow!!! Super cool card with the piano keys, music, and dancing couple!! I love it!