One of the ladies in my cardmaking group had a bit of a health problem not to long ago and her doctors recommended cutting out her coffee and drinking tea and that really bummed her out, so when I was looking through my stuff for something to do for her I came across this in one of my ephemera books from a long time ago and thought it would be nice for her. I added some die cut flowers that I inked through the die after cutting and before removing the die, works just like a stencil :) I added some white gel pen to the centers. I stamped out the sentiment and fussy cut them and added it to the blank spot on the image, matted it with some foil cardsttock.
- Leisure Art Book- Savor this moment, image and papers
- Memory Box - Stitched Rectangle layer die
- My Favorite Things - Label Maker sentiment stamps, fussy cut
- Spellbinders - Flower bouquet dies inked through the die and added white gel pen
I would like to share my card with Crafting a cut above
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Connie



20 comments:
Tea has caffeine, too, unless you get decaf. I hope she gets used to it. I'd be disappointed, too, as I enjoy my coffee at certain times of the day. You've created a darling card to send to her. The image is so cute and it's perfect with the plaid paper and fun flowers.
Aawww - love this! Not only is a sweet and pretty card. But such a thoughtful sentiment with her circumstances. 💗
Such a pretty card and perfect for your friend. The images are adorable and I love how you put the card together. The flower dies were a perfect touch. I love everything about this card!
The sweetest card for your friend. Beautiful flowers and great idea to ink them before removing them from the metal die. Thanks for sharing with the July Anniversary Challenge at A Cut Above.
Yummy, now I want a tart or pie...This is a great job! Thanks for playing our challenge this month at A Cut Above Challenge. Have a great day. Leanne DT/ACA
such a cute card, i am a tea lover...would be no problem for me. i really like the typewritten words!!
Oh, Connie, I love everything about this card! I am a tea lover. I love the design and colours!
Hi, very interesting post.
I like drinking tea and coffee, but I prefer coffee.
I always control it so I don't drink too much.
I hope you're recovering well and have a nice day.
Greetings from Indonesia.
I follow your blog. ^_^
Oh The Horror! (not your card of course, the cutting out the coffee--don't know if I could do that lol) This is a lovely birthday card for her, I really like how you added the stamped sentiment! Pretty background and sweet teapot, love your beautiful flowers too! Good luck to her, good grief!
Your card is so sweet and pretty. I know she will enjoy it. Too bad she can't have coffee anymore.
Gorgeous card Connie, I love ephemera books and what you can do with them, love the teapot and cups and colours of it all and the sentiment layout looks awesome..
luv CHRISSYxx
So sweet, Connie xoxo
So pretty.
I love both coffee and tea and it would be hard to give up either! Hopefully the health benefits outweigh the loss. Your card is soo adorable! I love it!!
Sp pretty and I’d love to come to a tea party.
Well as you are probably aware I do enjoy a cup of tea :)
A lovely card.
All the best Jan
This is such a sweet, sweet card! I adore the red plaid with the darling tea image. And those flowers!! An absolutely delightful way to send birthday wishes to someone special.
Your sweet tea themed card is so warm and comforting, and the ephemera image paired with the plaid paper and those lovely inked flowers makes the whole design feel cheerful and perfect for lifting a friends spirits.
What a beautiful card! I know I've said it before but I just love how you customize your cards to the recipients. Your super thoughtful in sending them and in making sure they fit the person they go to.
I love that gorgeous card. Wonderful Tea time!
Post a Comment