Monday, September 21, 2026

Deepest Sympathy

 Sharing the card I made for my sister after her hubby passed. It felt so weird not to go to the funeral but my sister said she knows how long that drive is and we had just seen them the week before he passed and how much he appreciated us stopping by on our way back home from Michigan. Hubby was having a very intensive week at work so I would have gone by myself and that would have been rough.  

She had gotten a new walk in shower put in that she has to make payments on so we sent her the money we would have had to use for gas to get back there and she was much appreciative of that, helps me feel a little better about not making it but still felt strange not to be there. So sad he passed before it was installed but she is having hard time getting in and out now so it will be nice for her.


  • 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry Essentials 6x8 papers and Ephemera bits
  • Fiskars - Essential sayings sentiment stamp
  • Nuvo Crystal drops

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Connie . . . this is so so soothing & pretty! What a beautiful design for a sympathy card! I'm so so sorry to hear of your B-I-L passing!! Very generous gift and was a great idea ... helped her & you both out! I will pray for God to watch over her through this difficult time.

Leslie Miller said...

A soothing and lovely card for your sister as she goes through such a hard time. You are a kind soul to help her out. Maybe you'll be able to spend some time with her later.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is a very touching, lovely card, Connie!

Chrissy said...

Such an emotional story Connie and a very kind thing you did re the shower, I'm sure it was appreciated so much and a beautiful card too love the deep colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wanda said...

So sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's passing. The card you sent your sister is just lovely and I'm sure she will appreciate it.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Lovely card my Friend. And my sympathies to your Sister. I can understand how it must have felt odd not going to the funeral - but it sounds like you still helped your Sister out a lot. 💗🙏🏻

Donna Phelan said...

So sorry to hear the news, and yes you just got in a good visit too! xoxo This is really beautiful. Love the design and how you used the pretty papers and ephemera! (((hugs)))

Birgit said...

What a lovely and thoughtful card. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. That was so very thoughtful of you to help her out as you did. Your kindness is shared in so many beautiful ways, Connie. Sending you hugs.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry for your loss, Connie. I'm sure the card brought your sister some comfort xoxo

Lisa said...

Such a touching and elegant sympathy card. The soft colors and beautiful arrangement of papers and embellishments create a comforting and thoughtful design. This is a lovely way to send support and kindness.

Louca por porcelana said...

My deepest sympathy, sorry for your loss. It is a heartfelt card. God bless you all.

Lowcarb team member said...

So very sorry for your sister's and the families loss.
It was good you were able to visit before her hubby passed away.
A very thoughtful card and gift.
Blessings.

All the best Jan