Thursday, September 17, 2026

Get Well

 I have had to make so many get well cards here lately that when our group got together for our teams meeting this week, I didn't have anyone in mind for this card, just thought it would be good to have a card on hand. The technique we were to do is get a stamp with line drawing, and some bright or busy pattern paper for the base. Stamp the stamp onto the pattern paper, paint it with white ink and then paint the whole inside of the stamp with white paint. Well I couldn't find my white paint I wanted to use, but did find some distress paint in white so I tried using that and it just came out clear, don't know if it needed shaking or what, so I went to pink paint that I had, but when stamping the paper moved and when I went to stamp again it was all messed up.  Instead of trying again and having to wait for the paint to dry, I just stamped it and colored it again. Of course I didn't have a full sheet of that paper left so I found two scraps and used them on the front.

I took a picture of it standing up, but with the fold you couldn't see very well how the embossed card stock shows a little bit, so I tried laying it down, the fold still didn't allow it to lay fully flat.



  • Hero Arts - Magnolia (flower and sentiment)
  • Elizabeth Craft designs - Flower Mosaic embossing folder
  • Inside - Inky Antics - Simple sentiments stamps

The card base measured 11 x5.5 and scored at 3 1/2, 5 1/8 and 6 3/4

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

6 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Very pretty get well card!!!! I even like the way you did the inside!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This is so beautiful! (those colors!! ) and so true...especially as we head into cold/flu season. Love the layout to this too. So cool!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

This is really lovely!

Debbie said...

it's a gorgeous card connie. you will be glad to have one handy the next time you need one. this one has to go to someone who is as special as the card is.

Esther Asbury said...

Your flower is gorgeous, and I love the papers you paired with it as well. What a lovely finish for the inside -- just a beautiful card!

Leslie Miller said...

It turned out beautifully even though you had to make adjustments. I just ordered two sets of Distress Paints and I hope they work okay. I like the inside, too, with the pretty paper in the center and the embossing. It's good to have a card ready when you need it, and this one will send some lovely get well cheer!