Monday, September 7, 2026

Happy Day

 I just received my Advent Calendar for this coming Christmas from Spellbinders and I still have things from the Calendar last year so I thought I had better get to using them before I start opening my new calendar in December.

After embossing the folder I decided to add white gel pen marks between the embossing, I really love how that looks.  The butterfly is a stencil that I fussy cut. and the sentiment is from the calendar also.  I got this press plate after winning a gift certificate from Pretty pink Posh.  Finished it off with some Diamond dots.


  • Spellbinder Advent Calendar 2025 - Embossing folder, Butterfly stencil and Sentiment Banner
  • Distress inks on Stencil - Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass
  • Pretty Pink Posh - Checkered Pierced Plate die
  • Basic Grey - Periphery paper
  • White gel pen on embossing piece
  • Diamond Dots (butterfly trail)

I would like to share my card today with Can you handle the pressure Challenge (optional bees)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

20 comments:

April said...

This is so pretty! I love the embossing folder and how you added the gel pen dots to it. I found some Diamond Dots on a table in our neighborhood where people drop off things that are free for the taking. I forget to use them on my cards, so your card reminded me of them. Hopefully I will be using them soon!

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, this is pretty! There are apparently some nice things in the advent calendar. A lovely combination of elements with blue as the focus color. I love it!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely card, Connie!

wannabcre8tive said...

A gorgeous card. Love the white dot in the embossed panel.. I like the butterfly and the butterfly trail of diamond dots.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love how this turned out! I think an advent calendar like that would be so fun! You use it well my Friend. xo

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely card ... I do like that butterfly.

All the best Jan

Wanda said...

So pretty. You can never go wrong with butterflies!

Tampereen Mummu said...

Oh, what a wonderful card. The butterfly describes happiness well.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Diane said...

Gorgeous card and butterfly!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Can You Handle The Pressure Co-Owner

Donna Phelan said...

This is so special! Love the colors and that glorious texture and of course, that brilliant blue butterfly! Fantastic!

Birgit said...

What a lovely card this is! I like the pierced background panel so much. You've added some wonderful texture to this card with the embossing and added gems. Beautifully done, Connie!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

How sweet is this!!!!such Lovely details, Connie

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours and gorgeous blue butterfly..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Debbie said...

this one is so pretty, so classy....such a pretty shade of blue. and you are spotlighting the butterflies which have begun their migration!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card! Best wishes.

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love all the different textures you put together on your card, very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Can You Handle the Pressure.

Lisa said...

Your embossed panel looks stunning with the added white gel pen details, and the blue butterfly with its diamond dot trail creates a lovely focal point that makes the whole card feel bright and uplifting.

Darlene said...

Oh Connie this is just beautiful! Love all the blues and what a clever idea to do the white dots on your embossing ... really adds character! Thanks for the tip!

JeanneLee said...

Connie, I love all the textures on this card! Enjoy creating with your new Advent box. December will be here before we know it!