Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Home for Christmas

 The Christmas challenge in my group for this month is to use House or Village in our cards, I kind of stuck to it in the first few the last was something entirely different.


I inked a background, forgot to write the colors I used. Die cut the town, and then found a small star die set and used that and white gel pen for the stars.

  • Taylored Expressions - Bethlehem Border die
  • Distress inks for Background
  • Crafter's Companion - Twinkling Stars die
I found two pictures I thought would work great for this style of card so I made two.



  • Penny Black - Immense Joy die
  • Thomas Kincaid - 2012 daily calendar for imags
  • Martha Stewart - Holly punch, colored w/markers
  • Old paper distress ink around edges of card
I know this is only a front door in my next card but I really love this Chipboard Ephemera, so I had to use it, the sentiment came in the same pack so I just added some inking and a frame.


  • Crafter's Companion - Holly & Ivy die
  • Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Old Fashion Christmas Chipboard pieces
  • Old Paper distress ink around edges
So this last one I had just seen THIS CARD on Can you handle the pressure challenge and I thought wow that looks like she used a die from the advent calendar, so I went to her blog and sure enough it was, I had not used that die yet and you know how I am trying to use of the goodies from last years calendar before I start opening this years in December so I just had to give it a try.  I had to try it in pinks.


Instead of an embossed background I used a stencil, toned it down a bit with some inks to blend the background a bit, then went to town on making the tree. I used 3 different pattern papers from the same paper pad. I didn't want to cover up all the embossing but it needed something so I went with cutting out a vellum piece to put behind the tree.  I used a pink scrap to cut out a bow for the top, and used a die for the trunk of the tree.

  • Spellbinders - Advent calendar 2025 die for tree branches, Labels Trio for trunk and Cut vellum from Decorative Labels 28 (behind tree)
  • Stamperia - Sweet Winter Background paper pack
  • Echo Park - Christmas wonderland Stencil
  • Distress ink through stencil - Speckled egg and Kitsch Flamingo, Old Paper blended over the whole background
  • Diamond Press - Advent calendar (bow die) from scrap paper
That's all for this month, I need to look and see how many more I need.

I am sharing my card today with Peace on Earth Challenge and Stencil Fun Challenge 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

2 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful cards, Connie!

Lowcarb team member said...

All look lovely Connie.

All the best Jan