Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Stained Glass window

 When I saw this die in a craft magazine I thought it would make a beautiful Christmas card.  I had recently purchased the stencil so that it could be a nice backdrop for the window.  


  • Die Cutting Essentials Issue 70 - Shine Bright die, colored w/markers
  • Tim Holtz - Bricked Layering stencil
  • Simon Says Stamps - Tiny words Christmas
  • Black Mirri cardstock
You can see the shine in the black Mirri cardstock in this picture.


I actually remembered to take pictures along the way with my phone while I was creating this, the first picture shows how I cut out the die but left it all inside the die cut so that I could more easily color all the pieces. Before cutting out the die I applied double sided tape to the back so that I could easily move the pieces to my black Mirri card base.


The next picture shows how I moved the pieces one by one to the other card base.


As you can imagine this whole process took a very long time, it didn't all happen in one sitting, so for my next card I tried a very simple approach that didn't take nearly as long.  I used Glitter cardstock on this one.


As some of you may know the Tim Holtz stencils are smaller than an A2 size card but he made them so that you can line them up  and continue on with your stenciling and I like that since I don't do many tags, as you can see it lined up very well.


  • Die Cutting Essentials Issue 70 - Shine Bright die, colored w/markers
    • Tim Holtz - Bricked Layering stencil
    • Simon Says Stamps - Tiny words Christmas
    • Glitter card stock
    I have been away for 5 days and am trying to catch up on everyone's blogs.
    I am still trying to figure out my follow it and why you only see words for my post with no picture, I thought I had it figured out but what I did didn't seem to make a difference so I will still try to figure that out :)
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

    Connie

    12 comments:

    R's Rue said...

    Connie,
    Thank you for sharing with us the process. How interesting. It looks phenomenal. Have a beautiful afternoon.
    Regine

    Debbie said...

    connie...these cards are beyond beautiful, the time, effort and love you devote to eat one does not go unnoticed by me. and the glitter one, although a little easier, is just as beautiful!!

    things are a little whacky with blogger. i am trying to be patient as i am so happy to have my connections here!! i am way behind in visiting also!!

    aussie aNNie said...

    Stunning and love you amazing cards, especially the first one. xx

    Esther Asbury said...

    Both cards are beautiful, but I especially love that first one with all the beautiful colors! The time you put into it was well worth it!

    Beth Norman-Roberts said...

    I love stained glass cards. You did an outstanding job with this beauty. Lovely choice of colours too. I'm seeing photos on my subscription so I don't know how you are seeing things.

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    Both cards are beautiful, Connie xoxo

    nwilliams6 said...

    Super pretty cards, Connie. A lot of time went into that first one and it is lovely (both are). Hugz

    Donna Phelan said...

    Well that's a beauty! Love both your cards with the different way you used the die, very striking! Lots of work, but oh so fabulous!

    Lowcarb team member said...

    I think these are amazing, lots of work, but so worth it.

    All the best Jan

    Lisa said...

    Oh my goodness that stained glass is gorgeous! I love how each card has it's own unique look and yet each is incredible. Wonderful set of cards you created.

    Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

    I can easily see the amount of time and care you put into making them. These are incredibly beautiful!

    -Soma

    Louca por porcelana said...

    Just gorgeous!