Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Christmas Lantern

 My stamp groups Christmas challenge for June was to use a candle on our card.  I first thought of this pretty lantern die cut Esther had sent me when I had my foot surgery. I thought it would work perfect for this challenge, I just needed to make a candle to go inside.  I just cut a rectangle shape, inked the edges to give it more of a cylinder look and then punched a leaf for the flame and did some inking on it.  Of course we needed a little embellishing to give it a Christmas look and I just loved how it turned out.  Esther if you stop by maybe in the comments you can say who makes the lantern :)


  • Lantern die cut
  • My Mind's eye - O Christmas tree paper
  • McGill - branch punch
  • Martha Stewart - Leaf punch for flame and flower punch with brad center


I am finally getting caught up with Christmas cards, hoping to finish up July this month too :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

A very pretty card. How unique to use a flower for the flame! The blue lantern really pops, especially with the greenery.

Donna Ellis said...

Esther sent an incredible set, Connie! It’s perfect for the candle challenge, and makes a beautiful card! How lovely! Hugs, de

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous lantern and candle. Love the added greens and poinsettia! Merry Merry!

April said...

This is so pretty! You did a great job making the candle to go inside.

Darlene said...

This is beautiful and how genius of you to create your candle ... looks awesome! That lantern is fabulous (what a wonderful act of kindness) and love the color you chose for it! Well done my friend! Hope you are well! This project we are working on outside is a BIG one and between the high temperatures & rain it's not been easy to 'get ahead' but we are and it's really starting to shape up! I'll be back to crafting everyday again before long! HUGS

aussie aNNie said...

I once had a die like this but never to be found again, sorted all my dies, took 3 days but this was a lost one. Love your card and it's beautiful candle inside, perfect for Christmas. xx

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful card. It’s stunning. Have a great day full of love. Hugs.

R's Rue said...

You always make me smile.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Connie and so clever! I never would have thought to make a candle like you did. Brilliant!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this die cut and love the colors too. This is a gorgeous card.

Debbie said...

great, clever thinking...outside the box, the card came out great!!

Esther Asbury said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the candle you made to go inside! Now I want to make a lantern card!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh and the lantern comes from Jeanine's Art --- I bought mine off of ebay --- but here it is in another store......
https://www.acherryontop.com/shop/search/christmas%2Blantern/sort/relevance/459113

Lowcarb team member said...

This is a lovely card Connie.

All the best Jan