I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate from Simon Says stamps recently and I knew just what I wanted, they had recently had a new release of this big stamp set and there were so many gorgeous cards made with it I just wanted to give it a try :)
I heat embossed with white embossing powder onto watercolor paper, then using a mix of Daniel Smith watercolor and my Spectrum Aqua pens I water colored the image, I forgot to take a picture to show what the whole panel looked like but I did take a picture of the two cards together to give you an idea of what it looked like before I cut them in two to make two cards.
I don't have any slim line dies so I used my regular dies and just cut them twice making sure not to cut the ends so that I could flip the card around and cut the opposite ends, if you want to see how that is done I think you can google extending size of dies, I am sorry I can't remember where I saw the the technique just remembered seeing it somewhere. As you see I had to cut a little off the panel on the right in order for it to work with that die.
- Simon Says stamps - Flower Garden stamp, embossed in white and water colored
- Cosmo Cricket paper
- Tim Holtz - Metallic Sticker book TH94134 sentiment
- Die unknown cut twice to make slim line card
- Simon says stamps - Flower Garden stamp, heat embossed w/white embossing powder and water colored w/Daniel Smith water colors and Spectrum Aqua pens
- Lawn Fawn - Outside in Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die, cut twice to make it fit for slimline
- Leisure Arts - Savor the moment paper
- Hero Arts - It's your day sentiment stamp