Monday, July 5, 2021

Watercolor Christmas

 The Christmas challenge in my stamp group for May was to use watercolor on your card. That reminded me that I had these watercolor panels that I haven't used in awhile.


  • Taylored Expressions - Jolly Holiday 3x4 watercolor panels
  • Daniel Smith and Spectrum Aqua markers for watercoloring
  • LilyBee designs - Jingle paper
  • Gemini - Frosty Christmas for candy cane die



  • Taylored Expressions - Jolly Holiday 3x4 watercolor panels
  • Daniel Smith and Spectrum Aqua markers for watercoloring
  • LilyBee designs - Jingle paper
  • Recollections - Christmas snowflake die


  • Taylored Expressions - Jolly Holiday 3x4 watercolor panels
  • Daniel Smith and Spectrum Aqua markers for watercoloring
  • LilyBee designs - Jingle paper
  • K&co, - Smitten white paper ribbon
  • Gemini - little snowflake die
  • Poppystamps - Valley snowflakes dies (2 bigger ones)
On the snow and the snowman I used  Daniel Smith Pearlescent White paint, I might have to get a tube of this, I used a sample piece I had, it gives pretty shimmer to it.



Both of my groups are having Christmas in July challenges so I hope to get more done this month :)

I did get an update with my blog on Follow it yesterday, there are no pictures of my card like I see on other peoples Follow it posts so I am not sure if I did something wrong or maybe that is all you get with the Basic (free) version but it is coming through so if you want to follow me through email you can click on top right of my blog where it says get new posts by email.


Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you enjoyed a nice 4th of July weekend.  It sounded like a war zone around here until after 1:00 am I think there should be a certain time limit of how long you should be setting them off, it started off around 8:30 so it was way too much by the end.

Connie 

11 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Oh aren't those fabulous water color cards....love the images. Your technique is perfect! Merry Merry!

Louca por porcelana said...

I agree,they are fabulous!

April said...

I love all your wonderful cards! Those watercolor panels are so neat.

aussie aNNie said...

Great cards and mmm went to choose one but gosh they are all awesome. I do love the first house one though. x

Esther Asbury said...

Love your pretty watercolor Christmas cards --- especially the snowman one!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hi Connie! You rocked these out. I really like the watercolouring -- done to perfection. Another nice way to get Christmas cards made is challenges.

Sorry to hear about all those hours of fireworks. My daughter had the same problem and because they were next door, her newborn kept waking up.

Leslie Miller said...

Those are the cutest watercolor panels and you did a fantastic job with them! Connie, I mentioned that I follow you on Feedly, and I will say that I don't get a picture there, either. I get part of the story and then have to click on the blog to see and read the rest. Most blogs give the whole post. I wonder if it's a setting on your blog?

Debbie said...

ooooh so cute, i love christmas in july, these are fabulous!! the snowman is my favorite!!

R's Rue said...

I love the snowman. It’s so cute. Have a great day friend full of joy.

Daniela said...

Dear Connie
your cards are always wonderful - honestly I love them all - and to think about Christmas in July is truly a very special thing!
May your day be filled with Joy and Wonder
Xx Dany

Birgit said...

These are all adorable! Fabulous water coloring on each one, Connie!