Friday, September 30, 2022

Autumn Bird

 I just had to use another of my bird dies, this time for a masculine card. I added a debossed piece of cardstock, inking over it, some strips of papers and some leaves from a garland I found at the dollar store last year and forgot to use.


  • Tim Holtz - Feathered Friends die and Clipping Sticker book for sentiment
  • Sizzix embossing folder
  • 49 and Market - In the leaves scraps and another unknown strip
  • Dollar Tree - leaf garland

I would like to share my card today with the following challenges:

Let's Squash it Challenge - Cuz 2 out of 3 ain't bad
Can you handle the pressure - Anything goes with a twist of leaves
Double D Challenge Things that fall, check out their inspiration piece, I went with the top left corner of the falling leaves

Thanks so much for stopping by and still praying for all those impacted by the hurricane in Florida and now going up the coast.

Connie

19 comments:

Birgit said...

What a pretty fall collage style card. I like the textures you've used and the beautiful fall colors. This is lovely, Connie~

Lia said...

Even the bird has got fall colors..What a nice card!
Lia DT CYHTP

Diane said...

Very pretty card with your fall colored bird!! Thank you for joining us at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely autumn card. I love that bird and have wanted it for a long time. The orange leaves are super pretty.

Lisa said...

What a fabulous die cut bird and wonderful layers and colors on the card too. It really lets that bird stand out with the black base

Donna Phelan said...

Great texture on your pretty bird and I love using the debossed side, looks great! This is a lovely layout too! Perfect Fall colors!

Louca por porcelana said...

How pretty and cute Fall card. Xoxo.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice Autumnal card :)

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, I love when you use your bird dies. You make everything so beautiful. What a perfect combination of colors and elements on your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Double D.

Esther Asbury said...

I love your bird in fall colors! Perfect masculine card!

Diane said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful bird card with us at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Can You Handle The Pressure}

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

April said...

This is so pretty! I love all the pretty elements.

Connie said...

What an adorable card. You are inspiring me to make cards again. I hope all of my old ink pad haven't dried up.
Have a marvelous day!

handmade by amalia said...

I love your bird with her wise look, dear Connie. And how well you've captured all the colors of the autumn leaves.
Amalia
xo

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Debbie said...

such a cute little card, it looks like a pregnant robin!! thoughts and images of florida brings tears to my eyes and a reminder of superstorm sandy!!

Chrissy said...

What a lovely bird die with all his layers and fabulous colours along with the leaves and love your card design too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous bird and embossed leaf border. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz