Thursday, September 8, 2022

Goodbye

 I am so saddened to do this post, it has taken me awhile to get around to it.  A great woman in the cardmaking industry has passed away.  Her dear husband has kept many of us up to date on her health as she worsened and then came the news that she is now with our Lord and Savior away from all pain she has endured over the past few years.  Cheryl was always kind, uplifting and sweet as can be.  She shared her love of God so well on her blog with all her visitors too.  Even going through all her health problems over the years she would always tell me Connie the Lord is good, I lean on him everyday and he gets me through.  An amazing example for me and all of us who knew her.

Just before she passed I had seen this technique I came across on Pinterest and never tried before and when trying to figure out what I should do for her husbands sympathy card, I thought this might be nice.

You can find the Faux wood burning technique video HERE .


  • Hero Arts - Leaf cluster stamp with Canson Watercolor paper
  • The Greetery - Sentiment Suite - Thinking of you stamp
  • Distress Ink - Ground Espresso

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

14 comments:

April said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Nice card! I will look up that technique for sure.

Lowcarb team member said...

I was sorry to read this.
My condolences to her family and friends.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

This was sad news indeed. Cheryl was kind and loving and thinking of others all throughout her ordeal. This has been hard on Walt and I know he'll appreciate your card. I'll have to look at the video. Cool technique!

aussie aNNie said...

A super card , lots of great images . Sorry to read this.
My condolences to her family and friends.

Birgit said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Connie. I too, will be checking out the video. Looks like a cool technique to try. Many hugs to you and this dear family.

Donna Phelan said...

So sorry to hear about your friend's passing, it never gets easy! (((hugs))) Great card, it's simple, it's beautiful! I'll check out the video too. TFS!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry for your loss. The card is beautiful and I'm sure it will be treasured xoxo

Graça Gamito said...

It was so nice to give your friend a card that Connie so lovingly made. In the midst of his sadness he can feel Connie's friendship for them.
I also really liked this card of yours.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card with a great technique Connie, so sorry about your friend and your card will be perfect for her husband..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

I too was so sad to hear of Cheryl's passing. She had so much kindness for so many in the crafting community. She was a real angel helping me when I became a Dirty Girl on SCS and I will never forget that kindness. This is an amazing card to send to Walt. I am sure he feels all the love she gave to so many in our crafting community.

JD/ Jill said...

Connie, I think Walt will really appreciate your kindness in sending this card to him.

I did not know of Cheryl's passing until I read your post.
It also makes me feel very said. She really was a lovely person. When my husband and I were going some difficult times years ago... She not only prayed for us and sent us encouraging emails. She sent me a lovely devotional. (which of course) I still have, last night I was reading the inside cover with the lovely letter she wrote inside...RIP Cheryl!

R's Rue said...

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm sorry for the loss of a dear friend and stamper. You are so thoughtful to send a sympathy card. This technique makes for an excellent masculine card. You're so talented.

Louca por porcelana said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Praying God for give strength to you all.