Monday, July 1, 2024

Christmas in June

 I was supposed to have these posted by yesterday but we had the most beautiful weather yesterday, a break in the heat and humidity, so it was very much enjoyed instead of posting cards.  We are so happy to have another beautiful day today!

Our challenge in the stamp group was to use our Die cut base plates for our backgrounds, at first I was thinking I don't have any Christmas ones but I found some that would work even though they aren't Christmas themed :)

I just recently found these ephemera pieces at Hobby Lobby so I had to pick them up and the deer worked great, I just added a little wreath to his neck :)


  • Taylored Expressions - Birch Tree cutting plate and Door to door Decor (wreath) dies
  • My Favorite things - Cloud stencil
  • Poppystamps - Stitched Landscape die
  • Floracraft - Diamond Dust (snow)
  • Stampendous - Geo shapes sparkler stickers (berries on wreath)
  • Paper Studio - Ephemera (deer)
After finishing this one I knew I had another die cut deer so made a second card.


  • Taylored Expressions - Birch Tree Cutting plate and Birch tree accents (sign & deer) dies
  • Poppy Stamps - Stitched landscape die
  • Flower soft - Polar white
  • Simon Says stamps - Tiny words Christmas

  • Tim Holtz - Simple Plaid Cutting die 
  • 49 and market - Christmas Spectacular Ephemera (wreath and sentiment)
  • Nuvo Crystals Glaze on berries on wreath
This next one I kept getting reflection of the pink shirt I was wearing when I did a straight on picture so I am just sharing the side view.


  • Memory Box - Starry Night Background die
  • Taylored Expressions - Bethlehem Border die
  • Simon Says stamps - Tiny words Christmas sentiment stamp
  • Pink & Main - Sentiment strip die
Last for today because I have a few more but have a lot to do today so need to finish.
This one ended up not being as big as I thought when I was pulling all my dies out that I thought would work so I ended up making it into a mini slimline card but a little shorter because the die wasn't quite long enough to fill the card.



  • Spellbinders - Symmetry in Space die
  • Tim Holtz - Christmas Botanicals Layers ephemers (flowers) 
  • DCWV - Foiled Cardstock
  • Echo park - Christmas magic ephemera (sentiment)
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful selection of Christmas cards Connie, wish we had a Hobby lobby here in NZ..love he trees and elegant poinsettia and the silver night sky..

luv CHRISSYxx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It gives my heart a fun flutter to see Christmas in July things. It's my favorite holiday so I don't mind a bit of it even when the season is so far away. ;) I love them all - but especially the woodsy ones.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh My! Such a fantastic array of Christmas cards! They all are great but I think your 1st one with the woodsy background and that sweet little deer wearing a Holiday wreath is my most favorite! Oh how happy you'll be when December comes and you won't have to rush to make a single Christmas card. Well done! (me, I'll be crying in my craft room lol).

Beth Stamps said...

Beautiful work. All so unique. I'm glad the heat broke for you.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely selection of Christmas cards here.

Wishing you a happy new month of July.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous line-up of holiday cards! I especially love those first two with the deer and woods - reminds me of my childhood days.

Em Louise Fairley said...

These are all so pretty, Connie xoxo

Debbie said...

you did the right thing to get outside and enjoy the weather!! the cards are so pretty and unique...it seems you will be all set by christmas, the first 2 were my favorites!!!