I made this card with my group on Teams meeting back in May, I loved it so much I saved it for my sisters birthday and she has received the card so I can share it now :) I hope I remember what we did, I think inked the background and stamped our image and then embossed the piece and did anymore inking over top to highlight the embossing. I did write down that the card base is 10.5 x 5.5 inches, but didn't write down where we scored it.
- Inkadinkado - Patterned Bugs stamp set
- Distress inks - Wild Honey, Dried Marigold and Fossilized Amber
- Elizabeth Craft Designs - Happy Birthday die cut
I would like to share my card today with the following challenges:
Alphabet Challenge E for Embossing
Can you handle the pressure anything goes with a twist of purple
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
Connie



17 comments:
Your sister received a very special card for her birthday! What a fabulous fun fold! Love the honey glow inking over the super cute embossed butterflies. I adore all the Inkadinkado sets like your butterflies. You prompted me to open a drawer and look at my sets. I have so many favorite old stamps I'd like to use again.
Connie, this is absolutely stunning! Sunny, cheerful and delightful!
Connie, your card is absolutely lovely! All of the dimension and shading on the front give it such a wonderful feel. The inside is really cool with those three pop out blocks. I’m sure your sister loved it for sure. I’ve had to do the same thing about waiting to post something so the recipient wouldn’t know it was coming. 😅 Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!
Your card is absolutely glowing, Connie! I can’t think of anything better than this many delicate butterflies all in one place, and you’ve gathered them nicely, with the dark ink against your beautiful embossed background. :o) Thanks for joining in at The Alphabet Challenge ~Nancy J, DT
SO pretty. I especially love that embossing folder. It's just too fun!
So pretty, Connie xoxo
OH WOW ... what an awesome design my friend! LOVE all the butterflies! What a treasure for your sister! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
This is so pretty and cheerful! I have that butterfly stamp set and have not used it in a long time. I love the embossing folder and that you used various yellows for this technique. I know your sister loved the card.
Love the butterflies, stamped and embossed--so pretty! That inside fun fold pop up is fabulous! What a truly happy (birthday) card! I'm sure your sister loved it!
Very pretty
What a beautiful card! I love the cool construction of it and the sunshine cheerful yellow. And butterflies always makes me smile. I bet she loved it! 💛
i am not sure i could love this card more. i have been favoring yellow a lot this summer, not over purple though!! yellow evokes such a feeling of joy!! there are so many really beautiful details in this card!! i am sure your sister loved it...and yes, you should make another while it is somewhat fresh in your mind!!
Layered inking and embossing give your butterflies an incredible honey‑gold glow, and the embossed texture over the stamped images adds beautiful depth; the inside z‑fold with the three pop‑out squares makes the whole birthday card feel extra special
Great folder, love how the extra inking really brings it to life! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.
Me again, forgot to thank you for playing along at Can You Handle the Pressure too!
A very beautiful card, then another Wow when it is opened, another stunning technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz. DT.
So sweet and bright and very special for the birthday girl. The inside so well done too. Very crisp and clean. You did an amazing job with this one.
-Soma
Post a Comment