Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Spool Photo holders

 When I first started my blog I planned on sharing all kinds of crafts that I enjoy doing, but as time went on I mainly share my cards because there always seems to be some cards to make for a birthday, get well and here of lately sympathy, so I don't get much chance to do the other crafts I enjoy, but I made these for a friend so I am able to share something other than a card, although I used many of my cardmaking goodies on them.

I have seen these also called place setting card holders, but my attention was for my friend to be able to display pictures of her family in them.  Didn't want to give them without something in the holders so I added cards to each of them so she could display until she found pictures she wanted to put in them.


I will share what is in common I used on these all and then under each picture the things I used on each individual one.

  • Woodpile - Spools 1 1/2 x 2 1/8 "
  • Tim Holtz - Memo pins
  • Memory Box - Stitched Circle Layer
  • Authentique - Cherish collection papers
  • Cheery Lynn Designs - Alison's ribbons dies
  • Making Memories - Buttons
  • Tim Holtz - Tiny Tattered florals dies

  • Stamps of Life - Praise4Him stamp
  • Lawn Fawn - Fancy Scalloped Rectangle die

  • Mama Elephant - Blessed Stamp set
  • Spellbinders - Resplendent Rectangle die

This one I have colored the flower

  • Inkadinkado - Garden Greetings stamp
  • PPD - Stitch Curvy Coved die
Here is a picture of what they looked like from the top.


These were fun to do and now I need to make a set for myself :)

I would like to share my project with the Dies R Us Challenge 184 which is anything goes using at least one die from their Store.  

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

18 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness! These are adorable! I could put one on my desk and change out the quote or word. I really would love to make one! Thanks for sharing this idea! Happy new year!

April said...

These are beautiful! I love all of them.

Daniela said...

They're all amazing, Connie!
I wouldn't be able to choose one of them, please don't ask me which one I do prefer!
Thank you Dearie!
Wishing you a lovely remainder of your week
XO Dany

Debbie said...

these are awesome connie, the spools are decorated beautifully!! they certainly are multi purpose...used as you have them here, a picture or even a special card or maybe a love note!!

i really enjoyed seeing these, and reading about the supplies and process!!

Connie said...

Connie these are so lovely. I mean really really lovely, you did such a good job. A+
You're brilliant!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great idea... they are beautiful! xoxo

Darlene said...

These are just precious Connie and what a fabulous gift idea! Great job ... I'm sure she LOVED them!!

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Connie, I received your email, thanks. WOW this is so awesome, absolutely love this. xx

Donna Phelan said...

I LOVE these! These are absolutely gorgeous! Great papers, colors and accents! I may have to make these for Christmas this year! TFS and the inspiration!

Birgit said...

These are absolutely delightful Connie! I love your sweet gift idea so much! I think I'll be purchasing some of these photo pins now as I have a bag full of old spools just waiting to be used. Thanks for sharing your wonderful project with us!

Esther Asbury said...

These are so darling, Connie! Love the way you decorated them, and the little notes in the holders too!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous decorating of these picture holders. I love the colors and I am betting your friend is elated to have these for her pictures too.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great job. Hugs.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh oh Connie. These truly rock my world. Look at the tiny spaces you had to work with. These are exceptionally well done and so so pretty. What a thoughtful gift.

Lowcarb team member said...

These are wonderful Connie.
They really can be used for photographs, little notes, something special you may want to display.
Such a good idea.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Connie, these are so clever and beautiful and such a nice gift! I've pretty much given up all crafts other than card making and gardening, but I sure do enjoy those. I know these must have been a lot of fun to make and very rewarding.

Kim said...

Connie, your little cotton spool holders are fabulous. Such a unique and wonderful idea. You have embellished each one beautifully with all the pretty bits and bobs. I love the idea of them displaying photos, but I love the inspirational quotes as well

Janice said...

Wow, these are amazing!! I have never seen anything like it before, each one so prettily decorated. You definitely now need to make a set for yourself.