Sunday, June 12, 2022

Peace happiness and Love

 The background of my card today was done on my Gelli plate, if you haven't heard of them you can google it.  I used Distress Oxide inks on this one. To me it looked like a leafy background, so I went with using a die cut bird with it.  I had this piece I used in the background left over from cutting out shiplap dies and thought it looked like a trellis, had some Ivy already cut so I added that to the trellis, I used a copic marker to add some lines to the ivy and decided a few flowers would look nice on it too. Popped up the bird with foam tape. Finished it off by inking around the edges.


  • Background done on a Gelli plate with Oxide inks
  • Silhouette - Ivy die cuts, added lines with marker
  • Anna Griffin - Avian collection cardstock sticker (Bird)
  • EK Success - Flower punch
  • Nuvo - Pale Gold drops (flower centers)
  • Tim Holtz - Clippings sticker sentiment


The heat is coming this week to our area, starting today the feels like temperature will be in the 100's, high humidity, sounds like a day to spend inside creating doesn't it :) 

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

15 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very nice. Look at you thinking outside the box turning a die cut into a trellis is so smart. Popping up the bird gives the card dimension. I also like the brown ending around your card.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your gelli background does look like leaves, especially how you ‘ve arranged this with your trellis and the bird! Really clever!

Kim said...

All that verdant green is just lovely. Your little bird is singing the sweetest song, sitting among the ivy.

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable and very lovely design ... love the colours used. ♥

Diane said...

Beautiful card and fabulous background, I think the Gelli plate is about the only thing I DON'T own, lol.....yet!!

Donna Phelan said...

Oooh love all of that pretty green--gelli plates are FUN!!! Yes, that makes for a perfect trellis for your ivy to climb and your bird to rest. Just one more reason why we save things lol

R's Rue said...

Absolutely beautiful my friend.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Lisa said...

I do not play with my Geli plate enough. I love the color you used for your BG it works so beautifully with that super cute bird. That is one terrific layout too.

Debbie said...

i enjoy indoor days, like you, i always have plenty to do!! we just had 2 rain days, so we are going out today, but we will be staying in the car, you'll see tomorrow!!

lots of work in this card connie, but the result is gorgeous!!

April said...

This is a wonderful card! I love the gelli background and the great dies.

Leslie Miller said...

It does look like a leafy background and you built on it beautifully! What a perfect environment for the bird. So lovely, Connie!

Chrissy said...

Love the background and leaves and I love birds on projects die cut or any kind of birds..what a gorgeous natural card Connie..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Esther Asbury said...

I love your gel print background and you already know I love bird cards!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card.