Saturday, June 4, 2022

Teen Sports

 My Great nephew turns 13 this month, trying to figure out what to do for him I was going through my stuff and found this die cut with the different areas and thought I could use some of the small sport stamps to put in the different blocks and this is what I came up with. Do you remember the stamps Michaels had in the dollar section of the store years ago, these all came from many of those sets.


  • Frantic Stamper - Color Block Card panel die, cut 3 times
  • 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry colors Natural 6x6
  • Studio G - Stamps, some colored w/markers

I have been away for a few days, we had a family reunion over the Memorial Weekend in Michigan and then we traveled down to Ohio to see some lighthouses along Lake Erie. We had some HOT weather but it was nice to get away and hubby found the perfect hotel that was right in the middle of all we wanted to do.  At our first stop at a drive thru national wildlife refuge the battery in my camera died so I went to change it out and that battery was dead too, I thought for sure it was ok, I was so bummed and I can not see outside with my point and shot but I used that and my phone for the rest of the trip. Haven't had a chance to look at it and see if any of them turned out on my computer.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Debbie said...

what a great card for the big guy!! you are a thrifty shopper connie and put everything to good use!!

it's so nice that you had a great hotel but i am sorry about your camera. sometimes i forget my chip but i always have several new ones in my bag. i am sure your memories are beautiful!!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning in colours and design, just love this, great male card, you should show this in the facebook group... ♥

Donna Phelan said...

Well done with those stamps, all great imagines for a newly teenaged boy! Super cute and a great design too!

Kim said...

How annoying the battery in your camera wasn't working. My camera on my phone is better than my camera. How wonderful for you and your husband to enjoy some time away and enjoy some new places. Cute card! Perfect for a 13 year old boy.

handmade by amalia said...

This may be one of my favorite cards to date, dear Connie, it has such a timeless elegance. Love!
Amalia
xo

Em Louise Fairley said...

Great card for the young man xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

You did good with this teen sport card, Connie! If a person needs an idea for boys' cards all they have to do is come here 'cause you've always got something up your sleeve. It sounds like you had a great trip, but sorry about your camera battery. I know what you mean about the point and shoot. I use mine when we're out with the dogs and I'm never 100% sure what I'm going to come home with.

Lowcarb team member said...

Great card :)

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

What a creative way to use that die, and perfect card for a 13 year old!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great use of your diecut. I think it's rather intriguing the way you filled in the spaces. I'm really sorry about your camera. Will be coming back to catch myself up.

Lisa said...

Nicely done adding smaller stamps to this die cut. I fear I do not use my smaller images enough but these new die cuts with the sections are a great way to use several smaller images on cards. I bet your nephew will love this card.