Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Christmas Wreaths

 Finally getting around to getting my Christmas cards for this month done.  I thought it would be a good idea to just stamp out 4 after cutting my cardstock into 4 pieces, wow is this wreath a lot of coloring, but I guess that is why I do them early now so I am not under a time crunch :)

I did get a little bored with the red so I changed up the coloring of the ribbon on the last two.


After coloring them I decided to add the sentiment to the centers, and it was just a little too plain to me so I used some of my sparkle pens to add the splatters onto the background, still needed something so I went around the edges with my ink pad.


  • Stampcraft - Ribbon Wreath stamp, colored w/markers
  • Our Daily Bread designs - Mini tag sentiment stamp
  • Spectrum Sparkle pen for splattering - Red berry
  • Distress ink - Fired Brick for sponging
  • Nuvo - Crystal Glaze on berries

  • Stampcraft - Ribbon Wreath stamp, colored w/markers
    • Our Daily Bread designs - Mini tag sentiment stamp
    • Spectrum Sparkle pen for splattering - Moonlight
    • Distress ink - Fossilized Amber
    • Nuvo Crystal Glaze on berries
    You can see the crystal glaze better that I used on the berries in this close up.



    Hope you enjoyed your weekend, we had some less humid days so it was nice getting outdoors and actually being able to breathe but it is back today.
    Hope you have a good week ahead!

    Thanks for stopping by,

    Connie

    15 comments:

    April said...

    I love this wreath stamp! You colored them beautifully. It is nice to get Christmas cards done ahead of time.

    Debbie said...

    such pretty christmas cards!! i am happy to see that you have made several of the same pattern, i don't think you usually do that and i think you should. the gold is a great alternative to the red, but both are really pretty!!

    Esther Asbury said...

    I love wreath cards and your Christmas wreaths are beautiful. Love the splatters too.

    aussie aNNie said...

    Beautiful cards and lovely colours as always, this is stunning xx

    Birgit said...

    Your Christmas wreaths turned out beautifully Connie! Your coloring is perfect and the added glaze on the berries gives them a realistic look.

    Donna Phelan said...

    How beautiful! I love this wreath image with that big, beautiful bow! The red and green are perfect for traditional colors, and I adore the green and gold ones. Fantastic!

    Chrissy said...

    Oh,I love your wreaths Connie and fabulous ribbon colouring, it really makes them pop..gorgeous cards..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    Beth Norman-Roberts said...

    Wow. I enlarged the photo and admired the detail of shading and highlighting. It certainly was a lot of work.the ribbons are beautiful. Great idea to make 4.

    Em Louise Fairley said...

    They are so pretty xoxo

    Lisa said...

    Great wreath image and I love it in both red and gold. I am like you, working ahead on Christmas too. It makes it easy so we are not in a crunch at the end of the year. That is one gorgeous wreath and oh my coloring it sure took some time but you did great on all 4 of them.

    Leslie Miller said...

    Wow, you did great! Lots of coloring, for sure, but you didn't scrimp on it one bit. Lovely shading. Well done adding to your Christmas card stash!

    Lowcarb team member said...

    I think it's about 184 days until Christmas :)
    You are getting organised.

    All the best Jan

    Kim said...

    I am not a fan of humidity either. These wreath cards are lovely. I love the speckles in the background.

    Kittie said...

    The wreaths are gorgeous. What beautiful coloring.

    Louca por porcelana said...

    How I love Christmas cards! They are gorgeous!