Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Bird Wishes

 I was going for a masculine card here, but I think it could be for either male or female card. I used scraps to make up the bird. It has been a long time since I had used these stick frames and I thought a bird would be nice with them.


  • Simon Says stamps - Warbler die
  • Spellbinder - A2 Distressed Edges die
  • Poppy Stamps - Grand stick frame and Stick frames dies
  • Graphic 45 - Botanical Tea paper
  • ODBD - Mini tag sentiment stamp
  • Inkssentials - black enamel accents for bird eye

Wow what a difference a day can make, yesterday we got up into the 80's, all the doors and windows open and today we are at 27, we had very strong winds all night long the house has done so much creaking that our one cat has hid he is so scared. By next weekend back in the 70's, this has been a roller coaster winter, I wonder what spring and summer will hold for us....

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

12 comments:

April said...

This is a great card! I love the stick frames for the bird. It is perfect for it.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such a lovely card and I think it definitely would be good for a gal or fella. That background paper is so pretty and love the old fashioned feel. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice card.

Your weather does seem to be all over the place!
Ours has been very wet again today.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

Love love it, Connie! You know how I love birds and outdoorsy stuff. You did a good job with the stick frames. I'm sure I would twist those skinny little things all over. The paper is gorgeous, too. I've been hoarding it for years, sheesh. I especially like this brown. Batten down your hatches for whatever this winter has yet to bring. It's not done with us yet!

Chrissy said...

I love this one Connie, fabulous masculine feel, love the bird and his colours..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Birgit said...

What a beautiful card! Love the background paper and the delightful bird die. I would love it if we had a random 80 degree day. It's cold here in the northeast

Esther Asbury said...

I love bird cards and this one is perfect with the pretty dp and fun frame!

Irish Cherokee said...

Simple effective design. Not too much, not too little. Just right. Wish I could say the same for the weather. You are right. Makes me wonder what the weather will be like come Spring and Summer.

Hugs and Blessings

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute! xoxo

Donna Phelan said...

Your bird is lovely and yes perfect for anyone. The stick frames add so much interest. And I am in love with that background Designer Paper--it is awesome!

Lisa said...

Great layering on this wonderful bird. This is a wonderful masculine card.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute bird card! And it certainly shouts spring is coming!