Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Vintage Christmas

 My cardmaking groups Christmas challenge was postage, at first all I could think of is my postage dies and then I remembered a cardmaking magazine I had bought years ago that had faux postage stamps along with other stamps in the collection so I decided to use them for my first two cards.

I tried to line up the the little stamps evenly across this strip of paper at the top of my card, then I stamped this image and greeting that were also in the set and cut the main image out with one of my postage dies. I colored them all with markers, those little tiny bits were hard, maybe that is why I hadn't tried this set yet.


  • Vintage stamps from cardmaking magazine, colored w/markers
  • PPD - Stitched Postage Rectangle die
  • Spellbinders - Large Deckled Rectangle die (for sentiment)
This second stamp set was also from the same magazine.


  • Vintage stamps from cardmaking magazine, colored w/markers
  • PPD- Stitched Postage Stamp rectangle die
  • Spellbinders - Large deckled Rectangle die (small postage stamps)
I needed one more card to get my 6 cards I like to make each month, so I went through my sticker collection to see if I had anything in there and I found this cute one with a little girl at the mail box sending a card. I added some stamps from a paper pack and the sentiment dies are from my Spellbinder advent calendar.  After I had it all glued on I thought should I have said to you from me instead?


  • Dimple Street gang - Winter Girls sticker set
  • Graphic45 - Christmas Emporium Papers and faux postage stamps
  • Poppystamps - Stitched Landscape die (snow)
  • Spellbinders  2023 Advent Calendar - Sentiment dies
I would like to share this last card with Four Season Challenge Winter

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Well, there you go -- vintage postage, and isn't it cute! Each is a fun and pretty design, and the last one is absolutely precious!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my gosh Connie - I love all of these so much!! Especially the vintage housewife looking one in the middle. So adorable! I hope you've been feeling a lot better. Blessings to you xoox

Kim said...

Your sweet cards, Connie, make me think of the cards that I delighted in as a child. All three have a sweet vintage vibe and are so pretty.

Donna Phelan said...

Wow! These are great! I adore the Postage Stamp/Collage look! They make for such pretty cards! They all give off they vintage vibe! I think your first one with all of the stamps is my favorite. (on a side note, you'll be finished with all of your Christmas cards come June I bet lol....and me, not so much) LOL

Esther Asbury said...

I LOVE postage cards, and yours are super adorable!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are all beautiful, Connie xoxo

Debbie said...

all are so beautiful, with a real flare for yesteryear!! i think the sentiment on the last one is fine, i don't think there is a right or wrong way for that to be said!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Adorable Christmas vintage cards.

JD/ Jill said...




great cards! Every time you mention one of your magazines. I have to smile. Because chances are I could have the same magazine! (yep I have this magazine too!

Lisa said...

Tree very lovely vintage Christmas cards. You are on a roll getting them ready early. Sadly I feel I am already behind with mine. I need to get to work on them so I am not scrambling at the end of the year.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a sweet wintery card. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.