Thursday, May 7, 2020

Bee Happy

As I was looking at this on my computer I so wish I would have done the Happy sentiment die in Black, I already had so much yellow going on and in person I could see the Happy I thought but in this picture not so much, Oh well it has already gone out in the mail so too late this time.


I embossed the background in my folder and then took it out and just swiped my ink pad over the background, layered my flower on put it on the Hexagon die, the bee is in 3 layers and I used vellum for his wings.

Spellbinders - Hexagons and Anemone flower topper dies
Elizabeth Craft designs - Bees die
Paper studio - Honeycomb embossing folder, swiped with ink pad


Now when you are sharing a "bee" happy card you need to share Peach blossoms, something that makes this girl happy :)  This was from our outing on March 30th, we have a farm just down the road from us and their peach trees were starting to bloom, such a lovely site!





After we left the peach trees we went to a park for a walk and the trees were just starting to bud, and this one had some really cool buds on it, not sure what kind of tree it is but the branches were low enough I could actually get a decent picture.


There are a few trees still blooming around us but most have already lost their blooms and they are all green now, so going back and looking at these was nice!

Hope you are all staying well wherever you are!!

Hugs,
Connie

15 comments:

Birgit said...

Your sweet card is just as bright and cheerful as ever. I'm sure it will warm the heart of the recipient, no matter the color of the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your lovely blossoms with us too! Spring seems slow in coming to the east coast this year. So happy to be warmed by your wonderful post Connie!

Louca por porcelana said...

Cute card and beautiful pics.Hugs,my sweet friend.

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely looking card.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs, you can't beat Spring blossoms … so lovely.

All the best Jan

Esther Asbury said...

I love bee cards! That embossing folder is perfect -- love the ink swiping!
Peach blooms are so pretty -- I used to have two peach trees, but they died a year or two ago!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is really cute! I love the bee theme! It would be fun to have fresh peaches!

Diane said...

Fabulous bright card design Connie and thanks for all the fun pictures. Your little bumblebee reminded me of the story here in Washington they keep taking about the Asian hornet found in the eastern part of the state. At 2 inches big and horrible stringer. I sure don't ever want to see one of those.

Hugs diane

handmade by amalia said...

This card is sweet, Connie, buzzing!
Amalia
Xo

aussie aNNie said...

Nicely coloured image and beautifully designed creation.xx

April said...

This is such a cheery card! I love the background. Thanks for sharing your peach tree pictures too!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a lovely card. The colours are so happy, and the little bee, with the black, gives your card a nice pop.

It was nice to see your photos of those beautiful blossoms. Finally, our trees are blossoming too.

Debbie said...

i think the card is "bee"utiful" just the way it is and the images of the peach trees are gorgeous!!!

Donna Phelan said...

Spring! I haven't done that ink to folder technique in quite some time, always a winner, thanks for the reminder! Your bee is well the bees knees lol Thoughtful card!

Kim said...

Just look at all those gorgeous blossom trees singing spring. Love your happy and bright card.....and the hexie, of course.

Leslie Miller said...

This is the cheeriest card, Connie! Whoever received it was smiling big and I'll bet they could see the happy just fine, too. I'm always seeing things in the photograph that I didn't notice IRL. It's hard to get a truly representative picture sometimes. I loved seeing the blooming trees, too! I don't see peach trees right here on the coast. Lots of others, but no peach. Thanks so much for sharing the pics. You know I love to see them!

Janice said...

A lovely, cheery bee card! Your blossom photos are beautiful.