Thursday, May 14, 2020

Iris

After finishing the card I posted a couple days ago using the embossing folder and stamps, I still had all the goodies sitting out, when putting them away I saw this Iris die cut that came in the same pack and thought I need to use that before putting this all away.  I love how it has a separate die that you layer on top to give the flower more of a dimensional look. The butterfly comes in the set too.

I have used my finger daubers and a combination of distress and pigment inks to color the flower.



Craft Essentials 101 magazine kit - Iris die,  color w/distress and pigment inks
Spellbinders -A2 matting basics A die
Memory Box - Stitched layers die
Pebbles Inc. - White Rubon sentiment


 Our Iris have all bloomed here, they look a little sad right now because of the rains and wind we have had, but last fall I took some out they were getting to compact and this year they have come up looking terrific!

Hope you are doing well and I thank you for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,

Connie

13 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love that pretty layered iris on your card! So beautiful! My irises are almost done blooming for this year.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so pretty! I really love that die because it allows a realistic look for an iris. With Iris stamps I always seen to have a lot of trouble coloring. Great job!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

That is a pretty card! They are really nice dies, hard to believe they came with a magazine.

Flowers from bulbs are something I miss about spring "up north". My parents used to have iris, and crocus and hyacinths. Surprisingly I had two amaryllis blooming last week. I had gotten plants over the years at Christmas and stuck the bulbs in the ground afterward. They didn't bloom this year until after Easter ... I think DH started watering them ...

Love the pictures of the blooming tree in your backyard and the peach trees! Glad you are getting some spring. It snowed in Syracuse Tuesday. Its a good place to be "from".

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous two-tone iris. This is a very pretty card.

Louca por porcelana said...

How sweet and beautiful,I love it!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the Iris flower …
Your card looks very nice Connie.

All the best Jan

Diane said...

What a pretty colored flower design Connie.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty I love the Iris flower but have not grown any for years, maybe our climate here. Beautiful layering and gorgeous realistic colours.xx

Donna Phelan said...

What a beautiful die, it's spectacular! Love your pretty Spring card!

Darlene said...

WOW! What a beautiful Iris card and you've colored it perfectly! Well done my friend! Yes, we remain healthy here in Ohio (thank God) and wish you well also! So glad the weather has finally changed and I've been able to get outside and so my mulching & flower bed fun stuff! The sunshine / fresh air did me a world of good! Happy Day!

Debbie said...

those die cuts can be great when putting a card together, this one is beautiful!!! our iris have bloomed too...looking pretty sad too as peeps let them die off!!

gorgeous shades of my favorite color!!!

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful, Connie! I love how you highlighted the bloom with the white circle. The papers are exquisitely pretty with it. Really like the little petals as though they're blowing in the wind. You added just the right touch of color to the iris!

Janice said...

Beautiful iris die, it looks gorgeous on the stitched circle.