Monday, May 25, 2020

Tea bag stamping

Before I get to my card I just want to say on this Memorial Day I am thinking of all those men and women who gave up their lives for my freedom and safety.  Such a sacrifice they made and their families had to endure, may we never forget them.

Today I am sharing a challenge with my scrap group. Recently Splitcoast stampers had a tutorial on tea bag stamping and since I drink a lot of Iced Black tea, I have a lot tea bags.  I buy the Tetley iced tea bags and they are round.  You can find the tutorial HERE if you would like to give it a try.

I first cut out my shape of the tea bag with a die, placed it in my Misti, just in case I needed to re stamp, I did have to stamp about 3 times to get the amount of ink I liked on it.  After cutting it I looked to see if I liked dark or light card stock behind the bag. The dark cardstock made the stamping stand out better but the tea bag was a lot darker too and I wanted the tea bag to be lighter so I went with mounting the tea bag on a white piece of cardstock before putting it on my larger die cut to frame it.


Used Tea bag to stamp on
Inkadinkado - Bird Streamer stamp
Gemini - Torn Edge Circle die
Spellbinders - Blossom and Floral Motifs dies
K&Co. - Blue Awning paper
Bo Bunny - Sentiment stamp
Gem



So far I have only used the tea bags for backgrounds or layering, I like the idea of being able to stamp on them for a vintage look too :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

12 comments:

Debbie said...

beautiful...so many options, it is wonderful that you are able to re-use them!!!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Such a sweet idea, Connie - love your design for the card, too. I like the vintage look. Sending hugs xo Karen

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card!Blessings.

R's Rue said...

So nice.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh what a beautiful mixed media card! I love your stamped tea bag and the torn paper edge. The colors on this card are beautiful too -- perfect in every way!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and most gorgeous colours on your card. I have just been reading on how to prepare the tea bag and may just give it a go.xx

Donna Phelan said...

I have never heard or seen stamping ON tea bags before, how unique! I thought it had something to do with dyeing the paper. This is cool and such a neat card!

Diane said...

What a fun design Connie.

Hugs diane

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card, Connie. Love the dp and the great card design. I have never done this technique, I will have to try it sometime.

Lowcarb team member said...

This is such a pretty card, I do like the soft looking colours.

All the best Jan

Leslie Miller said...

How very pretty this is! Your bird is the sweetest and looks just awesome on the tea bag. I love the blue and the patterns in the papers. It's just a wonderful card!

Janice said...

This is a new technique for me, what a great one it is! I love that little bird!