Saturday, September 14, 2024

Last One

 Last month a lady in our group had a birthday and this is the card I made for her, I hadn't gotten around to posting yet, but just had to post today because I found out this morning that she has passed away suddenly.  She was so funny, caring and sweet, she will be very much missed in our group, we are all just in shock and can't imagine the shock it was to her family. We never know when it will be our time to leave.

I had made this card HERE earlier and had stamped and cut all the flowers out thinking I was going to use them all on the card but ended up leaving these off, they had been on my desk for a couple days when I had to make her card and decided to use them on hers.


  • Spellbinders - Moon flower stamp & dies
  • Special Birthday sentiment stamp from magazine
  • Spellbinders - Decorative Labels eight die
  • Martha Stewart - Pearls

I really need to work on blending my ink colors with those pinks and red Spectrum markers.

We always think about having time to say goodbye, but that doesn't always happen.   I want to thank all of you who take time to come to my blog and the friendships I have made along the way, it means so much to me, hugs to you all!

Connie

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Lovely birthday card for your friend and what a shock that she passed away, how sad..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Donna Phelan said...

Oh my, so sorry to hear that! Love that you sent the card for her birthday. Pretty die cut panel with those edges and fab flowers! Great card!

Hena Tayeb said...

Oh that is so sad. Must have been quite a shock. It is a lovely card.

Leslie Miller said...

It's true you never know. What a sad shock for all who knew and loved her. You gave her a smile with this lovely card.

Connie said...

This is so pretty. I've been enjoying your beautiful cards for years. I know the people that receive them also treasure them. You asked me on the comment you left where I got the washi tape for my project. I went to Amazon and I typed in Blue Willow washi tape and these came up. It was only about a week ago. Therefore; I'm sure they still have them in stock.

Jenovia Dżemson said...

Beautiful card. I wish I could do this. I deal with painting and drawing.
I enjoyed following your blog.
Greetings and I invite you to see my new painting

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sorry for your loss xoxo