Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Among the leaves

 I have only used one little guy out of this stamp set so it was high time to use another one, this time holding a mushroom.  

There is a challenge over at Can you handle the pressure using leaves, I think this is my favorite Leaf embossing folder and it was one I bought early on.  


  • Cuttlebug - Leafy Branch Embossing folder w/Lunar Paste- Slippery when wet
  • Inkadinkado - Garden Gnome stamp, colored w/markers
  • The Greetery - Wood Slices die
  • Corrugated Cardboard off packaging w/inking
  • Honbay - Sentiment stamp
  • Gemini - Torn edge circle die
I added some lunar paste to the embossing by placing dabs of the paste on my mat and running a brayer through to pick it up and apply to the embossing. I still had some that hit the background but seems to be the easiest way to apply it for me, I did have to wash my brayer with soap and water afterwards to get the paste off.



It gives such a nice shine and unlike some products I use the shine stays well after drying.


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

15 comments:

April Williams said...

This is so cute! I love how you made the leaves shiny. I also have this embossing folder and love to use it too. I like the tree slice die behind the gnome.

Chrissy said...

He is very cute and I love the embossing folder with the gold brayered on, beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my goodness - the sweetness of this adorable guy! Of course I'm partial to all things fairy or gnome. It turned out SO cute!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design. Does the lunar paste stick a lot to the brayer or is it easy to remove? xx

Donna Phelan said...

Love the gold leafy background, so pretty and perfect for a fall or woodsy scene! That gnome is soooooo cute!

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

He is adorable! The background is gorgeous, Connie!

-Soma

Beth Stamps said...

Stinkn cute. I love your gnome and your gold technique adds alot of interest.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So cute! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

So darn cute and a beautiful leafy background as well! Love that wood slice. You've made me think about the Luna paste, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. Beautifully done, Connie!

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful background and I love the little gnome too. The wood slice was the perfect finishing touch.

Lisa said...

What an amazing background. The gold on those leaves is incredible and that image is a terrific image to pair with that gorgeous leafy base. I learned last weekend that my nephew's girlfriend is studying mushrooms and now I am hunting through my collection for some fun cards for her.

Debbie said...

i don't understand how you did it but you made this card so magical. the technique you used for the background goes way beyond anything i know how to do!! it's really adorable connie, my favorite so far!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

He looks so cute.
I like the embossing too.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card dear friend.

Diane said...

A beautiful card and that background is stunning!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-owner: {Can You Handle The Pressure},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers},{Word Power}, {Double D}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Stencil Fun}, {Triple B}, {Simply Clean & Simple}