Sunday, September 1, 2024

September Challenge Poppystamps

 I am so excited that Birgit asked me to be a guest designer for the September Poppystamps Challenge. The Challenge is clean and simple, this card came together quickly.

I started out by doing a smooshed background by adding my Distress ink of Tumbled glass onto my work surface and spritzing with water and then taking my watercolor paper and laying it in the mixture, lifting it up and drying between layers.

I loved these cute little birds and  there are 3 different types of them in the set of dies, I used two of the styles today.  I made them using memory box pattern papers, that makes it even more simple to put together.


I have them perching on these pretty circle frames that have the greatest details to them, you can see real well in the close up picture.  Who doesn't need a hug, I thought these sentiment dies will be used often.



Poppystamps Products used :

Nordic Pattern Rings

Nordic Bird Bunch

Sending Hugs Poe Script

Now it is your turn to give clean and simple a try, head over to Poppystamps blog and enter your card.


I would like to share my card with Sisterhood of Crafters Blog Hugs challenge

Thanks again Birgit and Poppystamps for having me this month.

Connie



12 comments:

Carol L said...

Those birds are just the cutest perched on their rings and I love the sentiment. Fun smooshed background too!

Carol L said...

Sorry, I forgot to add congratulations on your guest design spot! Way to go!

Birgit said...

So Glad to have you joining us Connie! Your card is delightfully sweet. I'm a big fan of anything with birds and these sweet tweets perched on the rings is precious. I can see you getting a lot of mileage out of the sentiment dies too. All great choices! Thanks so much for always inspiring me with your thoughtful and beautiful work.

April said...

Congrats on your guest spot! Your card is so cute. Love the birds as always.

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful, Connie! Those birds are so sweet. Congratulations on your guest spot with Poppystamps!

JD/ Jill said...

Very Nicely done card!

Donna Phelan said...

Congratulations! Well done! Love your pretty design and those sweet little birds! Those circle die cuts are a perfect resting spot! And who doesn't love a hug on Happy Mail!!!

Debbie said...

you were asked to be a guest designer because you design amazing cards!! this is a great card...the design is clean like you said and quite creative and unique!! sending you a hug!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Congratulations! Wonderful card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Congrats on the guest design spot - your card is so sweet!

Darlene said...

WOW congrats on the Guest Designer spot! This card is just FABULOUS my friend ... the design is perfect ... love the little bird perched inside the circle! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Owner
Sisterhood of Crafters
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple BWord Power, Love Those Pretty Papers