Monday, August 17, 2026

Birthday in Blue

 I saw this pretty pack of papers with these lovely florals over at Paperwihses.com I thought they would be such pretty focals for cards. The other side is pretty pattern paper but I can't cut up the pretty florals to use it so I used another paper pack to go with it. I cut a mat for the image with my pinking scissor. Also added some washi tape, a butterfly from a punched piece of smooshed ink paper, and finished it off with a combo of die cut and stamped sentiment.


  • Hot off the press - Botanical Library 6x6 paper pack (focal image)
  • Fiskars - Pinking scissor
  • Park Lane - Old World Paper
  • Ieebee - Fluttering blooms washi tape
  • My Favorite things - Happy die
  • Impression Obsession - Sentiments II stamp
  • Pink and Main - Sentiment strip die
  • Martha Stewart - Butterfly punch
  • Gems

I would like to share my card today with Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Summertime Blues

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and letting me know you did,

Connie

17 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful, Connie.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So pretty. Florals are always a win in my book. And Iove how the layering adds such nice dimension. 😍

Wanda said...

Your card is absolutely stunning. I LOVE your choice of background papers. The scalloped frame is a perfect touch and the rhinestones on the butterfly give it just enough bling!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely adorable both in design and colours. Brilliantly executed x

Tampereen Mummu said...

Really beautiful card! I can see that you have been doing crafts for a long time. I can't make such fancy ones.

April said...

These papers are so pretty! You turned them into a beautiful card.

Donna Phelan said...

Loving all of those pretty, pretty papers! What a FAB card!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my goodness, Connie, this is so pretty! You know how to pick your papers and put them together. Love it!

Louca por porcelana said...

Wonderful card, a favorite!

Chrissy said...

Very pretty card Connie and love the floral papers and layers with the butterfly..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Birgit said...

So very pretty, Connie! Isn't it sometimes hard to cut up pretty paper?? Your papers all coordinate beautifully. I'm loving the focal image. That is gorgeous finished off with the sweet little butterfly.

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty, Connie xoxo

Lowcarb team member said...

That looks so pretty.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Loving how your floral focal shines against the rich layered papers, I enjoy the touch of pinking around the mat, the sweet butterfly, and the balanced mix of washi, gems, and sentiment that make your card feel fresh and joyful.

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Beautiful blues! The floral piece is highlighted so nicely with the pinked mat behind it. It makes a pretty focal point.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I just love the way you matted that image using your pinking sheers to make a stamp look! What a beautiful card!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

You make this card come alive with your beautiful design!
love the blues!