Thursday, October 28, 2021

Double emboss

 The Let's Squash it Blog has a challenge to double emboss on your card, I am sharing a background that a fellow cardmaker sent me that was dry embossed with a snowflake embossing folder onto a Silver metallic cardstock and she also used some alcohol inks on it.  I decided to take that piece and add some embossing ink all over the background and heat emboss using Rainbow sparkle embossing powder.  I die cut and punched some purple snowflakes to go with the background added some gems and it was done!


  • Embossed background from friend, I added Ranger rainbow sparkle embossing powder to the whole background
  • Martha Stewart - snowflake punches
  • Gemini - Frost Christmas dies for large snowflake
  • Simon Says stamps - tiny words Christmas
  • Gems
  • Spectrum sparkle pen on snowflakes
In my stamp group our Christmas challenge for this month was to do heat embossing on our cards, so since I also had time to make another card, I took an old background I had made and stamped a house with white embossing powder and cut it out with a die.



  • Embossing Arts co. - Victorian Holiday House stamp, embossed with white embossing powder
  • Background from my stash
  • PPD - Distressed Edge Rectangle die
That is it for today but I have more Christmas to come.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by,

Connie

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

wow two gorgeous cards, love love love. x

R's Rue said...

Love them both.

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning cards! You make me want to get out my heat gun!

Tanza Erlambang said...

both perfect....
first one is colorful... attractive.

# Have a wonderful weekend

Lisa said...

That first card is incredible. The BG is amazing and the addition of the purple snowflakes is wonderful.

The second card is very eye catching. I love blue and white cards and that die cut is amazing too.

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful background, bet it shimmers and shines! Another fabulous white heat embossed scene--I think they look so great!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So gorgeous. I love the texture appearance on the purple card. The white embossing is so elegant.

Louca por porcelana said...

Awesome!Greetings!

Leslie Miller said...

These are both so beautiful, Connie! Wow, that metallic... Love the gorgeous house stamp white embossed on blue. Fantastic!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both beautiful, Connie xoxo

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Connie! Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Debbie said...

you make magic when you emboss!! the first card is so colorful, all of my favorite shades of purple. the snowflakes are the perfect added touch!! i like the sentiment too "merry & bright" is such a happy way to ring in the holiday!! the second card is gorgeous...i read what you did and it. and i'm like, how could something so gorgeous have such simple directions?? you are the queen of embossing!!

today was extraordinary!!

ionabunny said...

Ooh what a magnificent double embossed background. Like the victorian house card too. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It!! Hugz