Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Felt Frames

 I have these felt frames and since I don't normally make square cards, I cut this one down and have it going off the side, I found some die cuts that looked close to the same style and used them to cut out and frame my sentiment.


The background that I stamped my sentiment on was a piece that I had use on my gel plate and kind of liked the look of it and saved it.  The flowers were given to me by my sister.

  • Oriental Trading co. - Spring felt frames and corners
  • Spellbinders - Labels one dies
  • Hot off the press - Life Happens Greetings stamp
  • Paper Flowers from sister


Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

18 comments:

Birgit said...

That's a great way to use a square die. This card looks great! I love the flowers and the paint splats.

April said...

This is a great idea! I love all the framing and elements.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely card, Connie. The felt adds nice texture. I'm very partial to felt and made cute felt owls for my Christmas trees.

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I love how you have used only part of the frame and placed it off center. The felt adds such great texture, too. Beautiful card!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's beautiful, Connie xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Geez, Connie, this is where I say, "now why didn't I think of that?". I actually gave these dies away recently, but I have plenty of others. They do match your beautiful felt frame perfectly! Very lovely!

Kim said...

I love that you cut that pretty frame off, Connie. It gives lovely interest to your sweet card.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Love the offset frame and the die-cut was a perfect match too. Looks fantastic!

-Soma

Donna Phelan said...

Love the look of offset die cuts and/or stamped images. I like the way you used the labels die too! Great card!

R's Rue said...

So pretty my friend.

Esther Asbury said...

What a great idea to cut the frame down to use on an A2 card! It turned out so beautiful!

Darlene said...

OMG this is so cool ... what a fabulous design! Well done my friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous design, love the frames. xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a very nice design, well done.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

I am with you I don't often make square cards. This is a wonderful alternative to use the frame popping it off the side. Gorgeous card.

Louca por porcelana said...

How sweet. Hugs.

Debbie said...

this card has such great balance, and i really like the "paint speckle" look of the background paper!! a pretty one connie!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely card...and you are making go take another look at some of my square dies...