Saturday, October 30, 2021

More Christmas

 As I said on my last post our challenge this month in my stamp group was to use heat embossing on our cards.  I did some more white embossing this time on patterned papers. I went with a mini slimline card for the two I made.


  • PSX - K 1603 stamp, embossed with white embossing powder
  • My mind's eye - O Christmas tree paper
  • Recollection Mixed Media paper for the embossing
  • Memory Box - Stitched Rectangle die
  • Stamped bow from my stash
  • Simon Says stamps - Tiny words Christmas stamp
  • DCWV - Metallic cardstock
The only think I changed up on the next card was the greenery with the ornament and the sentiment


  • PSX - K 1603 stamp, embossed with white embossing powder
  • My mind's eye - O Christmas tree paper
  • Recollection Mixed Media paper for the embossing
  • Simon says stamps - Tiny words Christmas stamp
  • Ornament die and branch dies
  • Silver gem
My last card for this month we did during our Zoom meeting with my stamp group so that made up my five cards for this month.

We attached beads to some stretch cord, it was supposed to be 7mm but I had 5mm already so I just used that size.  We attached it between two pieces of foam tape at the top and bottom and then added the diecut and punched borders to hide it.  I think this is so cute but like a lot of us were saying that we don't know how many of these we would make, unless you are really good at stringing the beads :)

The background piece we had made in another challenge awhile ago in our group where you sand glossy paper both ways and then add ink over it.


When you shake it it looks like snow falling, when it stands up the beads just fall to the bottom,


  • Stampin up - Snow much fun stamp, colored w/markers
  • Martha Stewart - Snowflake border punch
  • Poppystamps - Stitched landscape die
  • 5mm Stretch cord
  • Me & My big ideas - Beads
Background made by sanding glossy cardstock both horizontally and vertically and then sponging ink over it, I used Faded Jeans Distress Oxide

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and hope you are enjoying your weekend. It is cloudy here but it is finally not raining so I won't complain :)

Connie 

13 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Ooh love the white embossed scene, how cool is that!!! I have made only 1 'rain' card, love that yours is a 'snow' card, again.....how cool is that lol Great creations!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh oh Connie! You white embossed cards rock my world! You paired it with such the perfect papers and the corner bow and ornament are a great touch.

Of all zooms to miss it just had to be this one. I could cry. April gave me a link so I'll be able to do one too. Your card is just too cute.

Louca por porcelana said...

Great Christmas cards!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, more gorgeous white embossing! I love it so much. The stamp is absolutely beautiful. Your card with the snowman is so cute! What a darling idea for a sort of interactive card! I love the look with the top and bottom borders. I did a few of those glossy/sanded/inked backgrounds way back. I think at the time they were calling them linen. It's a cool look!

Daniela said...

They're such wonderful Christmas cards, Dearie, thank you for let us taste a little bit of Winter!
Wishing you a most wonderful end of your week
XO Daniela

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! I love both of these cards... and I want to put both of them on my to do list. I love the look of white embossing powder... It looks stunning on your card. And beads. Do I ever have beads...I used to bead with my friends when they came to craft night. I was the beginner and they would show me what they did with their beads. Fabulous work. However, they stopping coming because of covid...and so now I have all these beads I don't know what to do with them. You have inspired me to try them on a card.

Kim said...

How beautiful these cards are, Connie. Such lovely details in the "snowy' scenes. The snowman is cute. Such a fabulous idea to string the beads to make it look like falling snow.

Darlene said...

WOW these are both just awesome my friend! Gosh I haven't done any wet embossing in ages ... you've inspired me with this beautiful creation! That must be a fabulous group you are a part of ... always doing something different & intriguing! Good for you!!

P.S. The rain held off last evening for T or T and we had close to 150 kids. Was a FUN FUN evening!

Birgit said...

These are both fabulous cards Connie! The embossed Christmas village is stunning!!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

So pretty xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Love these pretty Christmas cards! The embossed village is so pretty, and I love how the beads slide up and down on the second one!

Debbie said...

first card, very, very pretty!! second card, my kinda' card, so fun!! at first i thought the beads were tied in place, i did not realize they moved, what a cool concept!! i adore the depth of the card too, and the snow person is adorable. it's probably best you went with the smaller beads if you want to mail it, it will be easier!!

again, i love the fun sentiment!!

Lisa said...

I am in awe of that falling snow on the snowman card, I totally want to make one of those when I have a bit more time to craft. It really seems to look fun on a card.

I love your heat embossing on the PP. I would never have thought to do that and now want to look through my PP for one or two I could heat emboss. Great idea!