Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fun Find

 We were at the dollar store a few weeks ago and I was looking for some Autumn stickers, I had seen on line some people talking about some cute stickers they had so I went to look to see if I could find something that would work on some Autumn cards.  Well I did not find that but I did find a sheet of Rub ons that were very pretty and this is a piece I cut from the sheet, everything was so close together so it was very hard to cut out just the flower but I just thought this was beautiful.

All I did was add it to some patterned paper and added a strip at the bottom and a little butterfly that I could pop up, so simple but I just loved it and the quality of the rub on was very good.


  • Crafters Square - Rub on Transfer ($store)
  • Basic Grey - Periphery paper
  • Tim Holtz - Botanical Layers (Butterfly) #TH93554
  • Honbay Sentiment stamp




Since that card went so quickly I made another card using a stamp that Beth gave me. It is a layered stamp and it went together quickly also!

I made a mini slim line card for this one.  



After stamping I did a little splattering, roughed up the edges and pierced the corners to give them a little extra something and mounted it on some pattern paper.

  • Stampin up - Lotus Blossom stamp
  • Watercolor splatters
  • Distressed edges
  • Pierced corners
Thanks so much for stopping by,

Connie

13 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Both your cards are really pretty!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous cards Connie and most gorgeous colours...
Happy weekend. ♥

April said...

Both cards are beautiful! I like the piercing on the second card. A good idea to remember.

Darlene said...

Both cards are just beautiful Connie! I've had those rub ons ... they are fabulous!

Kim said...

I love the "roughing up the edges a bit" of the second card, Connie. Both cards are gorgeous. I particularly love the ethereal beauty of the first card. Love that beautiful white rose.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think both of these cards look nice.

Enjoy the coming weekend.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Two beautiful floral cards. Great layout on the top card and lovely colors on the second card.

Birgit said...

These are both so pretty! I'm going to have to go see what my $ store has. I love the first card with the postal background.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that is really an amazing rub on and your paper background and butterfly are the perfect companions. A gorgeous card! Your little slimline with the pretty stamp is a bonus today! The simplicity, the colors with the paper, the distressed edges... all gorgeous!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Hi Connie! Hope your weekend is going well.

Your card is so elegant. When I read that you used a rub on I was surprised. Rubinstein have come a long way. I always mess up rumors. You did a magnificent job.

Debbie said...

these are really pretty connie!! i was with my nieces friday and they had "slime" all over their carpet. when i read "slim" i read "slime"!! i had slime on my brain!!

i would not have thought of stickers at the dollar store!!

Em Louise Fairley said...

They are both beautiful, Connie xoxo

Louca por porcelana said...

Awesome cards!