Monday, October 4, 2021

Stencils

 In our stamp group when we have week of challenges a lot of times we will draw a name from those that participated in our challenge to give a little gift of goodies. After our last challenges Beth drew my name and she sent me these cute stencils, it was a 3 pack, the house the fairy and mushrooms. 

 So when I saw the challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters Blog I knew just the stencils to break out and give a try working with them. Hopefully my great niece will enjoy it, what little girl doesn't like a fairy :)


I first did the house and then tried to figure out how to fit the mushrooms and the fairy, I had to do the fairy on a separate piece and cut her out and so I popped her in front of the door, lounging on the grass.  I had to use markers through the stencil for the fairy because after 3 I threw away trying to sponge I gave up. I put a little sparkle on her wings. Added a few white gel pen to the mushrooms and also stenciled my sky.  I had this vellum sticker that I thought would go great with the little scene I had made.

  • Folkart - Fairies & Mushrooms stencil, distress inks, markers and white gel pen
  • D.R.S. designs - Easy grass background stamp, with sponging of ink over it
  • My Favorite Things - Cloud Stencil
  • K&co. - Birthday and celebrate Vellum sticker sentiment

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Connie

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

... it is magical :)
A lovely card Connie.

All the best Jan

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Connie,
Back again to re do my message as you said you didn't see it here, sometimes I think blogger is a bit jealous of our crafting... :)
Lovely stencils and fabulous way you added the magical door. xx

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I love your stencil work! What a charming sweet card.

Donna Phelan said...

Great little magical scene you created! Stencils are all the rage! A few years ago I bought the stencil sheets and now can make them from my dies, actually just did one yesterday--super cool! Good idea to us a marker when you don't get the result you want.

Diane said...

Adorably cute scene and pretty stenciling! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

Esther Asbury said...

What an adorable little fairy scene! I'm sure your great niece will enjoy her darling card!

Darlene said...

OMG what a sweet scene you've created here Connie! Great job with that stencil!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! And great job combinding those stencils

Em Louise Fairley said...

So sweet xoxo

Janice said...

Such a magical birthday card for your great niece, so pretty!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Debbie said...

oooooh connie, i really adore this card!! fairies and fairy gardens are so popular right now, it reminds me of all the magical workings of a fairy garden!!

you always create such beautiful cards with these challenges!!

Leslie Miller said...

Cute stencils, Connie, and you made a sweet scene with them! They certainly all look like they were meant to go together. I especially love the mushrooms!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So adorable. You used alot of elements in such a cute way

Birgit said...

This is adorable Connie! Yes, I have two great little nieces that would adore this sweet card. Well done!

Kim said...

Your great niece will love her magical fairy card, Connie.