Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Vellum

 The next challenge I tried in the group was to use vellum.  You scribble markers onto vellum and mostly cover the whole piece, then you take Rubbing Alcohol, preferably 90% or higher, and apply with a hard bristle brush dabbing over top of the markers, it blends and gives this great background, Made another piece to emboss with gold embossing powder this rose stamp and butterfly.  Using the same gold for the sentiment.  After I fussy cut out I colored the leaves in, I was suppose to do that on the backside before applying it with glue to a piece of white cardstock so the colors would show up but I had forgot to do that step, I think it still turned out ok, you just have to be careful with the embossing because the markers and the embossing don't do well together you could ruin your marker but I had an old marker I could use thankfully.

The background piece was put through an embossing folder and then inked before applying to the background.  


Here is a link to the video showing the process.

  • Spectrum noir alcohol markers - CR4, CR6 and CR8
  • Sizzix - Embossing folder, sorry no name has been inked after embossing
  • Spellbinders - Candlewick Rectangle die
  • Hot off the press - Watercolor roses stamp set
  • Altenew - Antique gold embossing powder

I am sharing my card today with the Fourseasons challenge blog which is spring, I think these colors remind me of all the blooming trees right now!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today and say Hi,

Connie

16 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So very beautiful. I'm in love with your rose. It's so beautiful for this challenge.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Connie,
O MY!! That is such a pretty Birthday card!! Love the colors!! Thanks again for stopping by!! Hope you are having a great day!!
Hugs,
Deb

Esther Asbury said...

Wow!! This card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the gold and pink together and your vellum pieces are so beautiful!

Donna Phelan said...

WHOA! That is beautiful! The pink and gold go beautifully together and that background die is a perfect spot to display this beauty! I love Vellum!

Darlene said...

Oh Connie ... this is just GORGEOUS and what a cool technique! I've never tried that one before ... but I will be now! LOL
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Birgit said...

This is beautiful, Connie! That's a technique that I haven't tried but am totally inspired by. The gold embossing on this adds so much elegance and texture. Well done!

Em Louise Fairley said...

It's so pretty, Connie xoxo

Diane said...

Gorgeous card and what a fun technique! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}
Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
{Two Old Bats}

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Debbie said...

gorgeous connie, i really love the colors and i always enjoyed working with vellum!!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! This card is so lovley. You know I like the PINK! And that very nicely done gold embossing!

aussie aNNie said...

wow, Gorgeous make and adorable design.

Lisa said...

Wowza this is gorgeous! I love that you did the background then did it again for embossing the flower. I have only done this technique once and it has been a bit, so I might need to do it again.

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, beautiful! I jotted down the info to add to my "must try" techniques. One of these days I might get around to it. This turned out amazing, Connie!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so pretty. It's always fun to try different techniques, and we appreciate you sharing your creativity with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog.