Monday, April 11, 2022

Double Z fold

 Last of the challenges, my first card is a Double z fold, one of the examples showed using a fence die on the 2nd strip fold and I loved that idea so I went looking through my stamps that would be a nice garden scene and found this one.


  • Inkadinkado - For the birds stamp set, colored w/markers
  • Spellbinders - Classic Ovals die
  • Poppystamps - Picket fence die
  • Raspberry Road designs - Love Lives Here paper
  • Queen & co. - Yellow Sunshine gems
  • Fiskars - Essential sayings stamp
  • Pink & Main - Sentiment strip die
How it looks on the inside, I have not written my inside sentiment yet. I realized I probably should have took a picture of the card fully open, but the fence folds out straight when open



The next card we were to use at least 2 items from around the home.  We had a list to pick from and I chose napkin and book page.  I tried to ink the book page to look dirty so it could be the ground the bike is riding on, I mounted the napkin onto cardstock with some glue and then when dry cut around the tires portion of the napkin.


  • Napkin
  • Book page has been inked with brown
  • Tim Holtz - Clippings sticker book sentiment
Hope you enjoyed you weekend and the week ahead is a good one, we started off our morning with some thunderstorms that our cats didn't appreciate but right now we are in a calm of the storm before we get more rain.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and letting me know!

Connie

15 comments:

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The fence look so 3D, and inking the book page was very clever of you!! Such fantastic cards, Connie! Love them!

-Soma

Leslie Miller said...

Clever girl and pretty cards! Love them both, Connie!

Donna Phelan said...

Love that Double Z Fold card, what a great idea to use that pretty white picket fence all over the outside and inside--great design! Oh that household Challenge is a good one. You made it work perfectly with the book page and the napkin. Love that bike!

Kim said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love all the detail in the first one. Love how the card folds; so very cool. And, who wouldn't love receiving a pretty card with a bicycle as the main subject with a basket filled with bright and happy sunflowers.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your first card is so so beautiful. I love the fence for your garden scene.

The second card is cute. The basket is so full and the text is a nice look

Chrissy said...

I love,love, your double Z fold card, cute birdbath and birdies splashing around and bike and basket full of sunflowers is fabulous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

So creative, Connie! Love the fence and soft colors on your first card and the way you used the book page for the second. Both cards are so pretty. Thunder does make the fur-babies scared! Our weather is just as crazy here - thunder, hail and even some snow flurries. Last Thursday it was 75 and I gave the dog a bath on the deck. This week we have a fire going! Hope you have some sunshine and a blessed Easter day. Hugs xo K

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and creative, love the colours and gorgeous finish of this card ♥

Darlene said...

Both cards are just beautiful Connie and I love their spring/summer feel! I've done double Z cards before but never like yours ... it's very clever using the fence and I can visualize how awesome it looks opened fully. And that 2nd card ... what a challenge and you came up with the perfect selections. Well done my friend! Yes been having lots of rain here too and very foggy this morning. Having friends visit for an overnight stay tomorrow so I'm hoping the sun comes out and we can maybe sit out on the deck for awhile. Have a great week ahead and keep up the awesome inspiring work. Hugs

Em Louise Fairley said...

Both cards are beautiful xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Lovely cards --- I especially like how you used the fence on that first one!

Lowcarb team member said...

These are lovely cards Connie.

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

So lovely.

Lisa said...

Super cute bird bath image for your Z fold card. The fence is a great die cut to create the fold.

Great napkin image and I love the book page for the bike to ride on. Two great items from around you home.

JD/ Jill said...

Both these cards are so nicely done. I really like the double Z card! Haven't done that in a while... Guess which gold I might be trying to do again soon? smile!