Monday, April 18, 2022

Joy in Ordinary

 Can you believe I made a card just because!!!  I had bought the bird die and the background die and I wanted to use them so I didn't have anyone in mind I just made a card, since I have had it done for a little while I know now who it will be going to :)  Cards don't hang around this house for long, LOL!

He took a little bit of work figuring out how he went together and I need a little more practice on what colors to use for each of the layers that I have to put together but for my first one I didn't think it was too bad.  For a nest I just used some of that very thin paper they use in packaging the boxes and cut random size strips.


  • Tim Holtz - Simple Plaid die, Bird & Egg colorize die and Small Talk for sentiment
  • Spellbinders - Mosaic Vine die
  • Inked background
  • Shredded paper for a nest


Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today, 

Connie

11 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Hooray for "just because", Connie! When you make a fabulous card like this it's never long before it finds a home. I absolutely love the bird die and have looked at it often. The plaid is cool, too, and great idea to use the shredded paper.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh great card! That bird layering die comes together beautifully! And what a great plaid background die that is too, very interesting! I agree with Leslie, Hooray for just because!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Love it! xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card. Looks like that die could be a challenge! But you did a fabulous job with it!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done, it's a beautiful looking card.

All the best Jan

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty card. Hugs and blessings.

Rehoboth said...

very nice.

pls visit our blog at https://www.rehobothorganicfarms.com/supernapier

Chrissy said...

What a great die Connie, I love birds at the best of times, great size and love the plaid one too..fabulous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh that bird die is fantastic and I love the plaid background die too. Nice way to add a nest too.

Esther Asbury said...

I love the way you created a little nest for your sweet birdie and that plaid background is perfect!