Saturday, April 2, 2022

Collage

 I am not really sure what to call this really. On my Pinterest feed these little works of art with different pieces and layering have been coming up lately and I think they are pretty but wasn't sure how I would use them, they never show them on a card.  But I thought I need to just play not having any reason for it just have fun creating something.  Well when I got the piece done I thought that would look pretty as a focal on a card, so I decided to only use pieces from my scrap pile to make the rest of the card.


  • Cardboard cut with Spellbinders - Labels 25 die
  • Flower pot off of a calendar
  • PPD - Mini Stitched Square die, sewn button on top
  • Crackle heat embossed background
  • Tim Holtz - Snippets ephemera pack (butterfly)and Small talk sentiment sticker
  • Cheese Cloth
In the close up you can see the strip of heat embossed piece that I inked around the edges


I like how just playing around and enjoying myself resulted in a pretty card for my friend.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and say Hi,
Have a great weekend,

Connie

14 comments:

Chrissy said...

A beautiful little piece of art and perfect for your card front Connie..love your collage of snippets on the embossed cardboard and lovely card design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful card. Have a lovely weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

This is really pretty, Connie! I've never been good at collage type designs, but looks like you have a talent for it. Cute card!

aussie aNNie said...

Love this, beautiful collage project and love those colours ♥

Birgit said...

This is such a pretty collection of ephemera Connie. Your card is as sweet as can be! I like the texture that the cheesecloth adds. Such a great layout!

Debbie said...

such a brilliant piece of art connie, it really is!! there are so many clever elements and they all go so well together!! note paper with the typeset message. all of the papers are perfect together...inked edges always changes the entire look of a piece of paper. the butterfly and flowers sold me. such a gorgeous card!!

April said...

Your card is so pretty! I love all the different elements. What a fun way to make a card.

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous layering, I am digging the whole collage style look! The added texture with the cheese cloth and the corrugated cardboard is awesome! This an awesome piece of art. And that sentiment! Yes to it all!

JD/ Jill said...

So very nicely done.

Em Louise Fairley said...

It really is pretty xoxo

R's Rue said...

It’s beautiful. Have a great day.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Your collage looks amazing. Love that attitude of just playing and having fun! You were absolutely right, the collage looks great as a focal on the card. A really pretty card, Connie!

-Soma

Esther Asbury said...

Love your little collage piece, and the pretty card you created with it. The stitching at the bottom is perfect!

Lisa said...

I love your little bits and pieces. The scrap papers work so well and the addition of the stitched paper adds to that interest. Beautifully designed card.