Thursday, October 13, 2022

Glorious Gerbers

 I had a couple of birthday cards to make, so I did one bright and the other a bit dark, which do you like the best? First up the lighter version.


  • Memory Box - Glorious Gerber Daisies die, cut twice from black cardstock and colored the inside bits and added them back in to the die
  • 49 and Market - Vintage Artistry in the leaves 12x12 paper
  • Liquid Pearls - Chestnut
  • Gina Marie - Birthday words sentiment stamp


The next card is playing along with the Memory Box Challenge celebrating the night. Water mixed with my inks for the coloring of the outline of this die.


  • Memory Box - Glorious Gerber Daisies die, colored w/inks and water
  • Spellbinders - Resplendant Rectangles die
  • Ms. Sparkle & co. - thankful paper
  • Stampendous - Birthday Assortment sentiment stamp
  • Stickles - Scattered Straw for flower centers

We just got back from a trip to Michigan to see our family, it was a very nice visit and we were able to see some pretty fall colors too.  Some people have mentioned about my new picture at the top of my blog. It is from my home town in Michigan, not far from the house I grew up in down by the river this tree always turns a beautiful red, this picture was taken last year.

I am trying to play catch up with all your blogs so I hope to get to them all very soon :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,

Connie

10 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, wow, two very different and awesome looks with these die cut flowers! The second one on the dark background has a very artistic look to it. They both are very appealing to my eyes. It takes time to do catch up, so no worries. I know how that is. Your photo for the blog header is gorgeous for fall. It's a beautiful scene. I imagine you have some nice pics from your Michigan trip and I'll be happy to see them if and when you feel so inclined. Hugs!

Louca por porcelana said...

Pretty cards. Blessings.

Chrissy said...

So very pretty, love the die, that is gorgeous and love your cards with their different looks with the same die and with great backgrounds too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Birgit said...

Such sweet daisy cards Connie! Well done!!

Donna Phelan said...

It's amazing how you get 2 different looks from the same product! Love the first one, but I really like the 2nd one as well lol. The background on the first has drawn me in. Beautiful die cuts!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love how you swapped the light with the dark and created 2 birthday cards. Now I can't decide which I like the best. They are both great.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

It's too hard to pick a favorite because they are so unique on its own. The dark one really pops.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you had a good trip to Michigan to see family.

Both cards look good.

All the best Jan

Em Louise Fairley said...

I'll sit on the fence and admire both beautiful cards, Connie, as I can't pick a favorite! xoxo

Esther Asbury said...

Oh my, both cards are pretty, and I can't seem to pick a favorite. I love the text background on the first, but that black background really makes the flowers pop.